This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Waterfox > Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome, and every other browser.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Waterfox > Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome, and every other browser.

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
4 months ago#11
Using Firefox Quantum with Ghostery, Ublock and Adblock.

I don't see how you would need anything else.
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004 Steam ID: AncientToaster / PSN ID: LiteralToaster

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
4 months ago#12
Laocedric16 posted...
is it just me or does Firefox Quantum have trouble loading up reddit? it takes years to load reddit on my quantum where it loads on chrome in 5 seconds. weird. I hate Chrome but I might have to switch.

Reddit loads like in 2 seconds for me on Quantum
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004 Steam ID: AncientToaster / PSN ID: LiteralToaster

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#13
I found waterfox to be slower and more prone to crashes than firefox.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 months ago#14
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Yes, but it still supports extensions that offer real robust capabilities rather than the gutted functionality of web extensions or whatever

Losing the download status bar alone annoyed me. People are trying to bring that back last I looked, but I just hate everything about the trend in modern UI design to reduce or eliminate user choice and functionality. Mozilla outright ignored the concerns of extension developers. Things like Session Manager and many other things aren't possible with their new system.

I've tried using Chrome (considering the gutted Firefox loses its extension advantage over Chrome that was the only reason I even used Firefox) but I despise the way Chrome handles large amounts of tabs.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 months ago#15
@Drifboom

Chrome is better.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#16
KainFourteh posted...
@Drifboom

Chrome is better.

Its the best browser next to Edge
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#17
Voxwik posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Yes, but it still supports extensions that offer real robust capabilities rather than the gutted functionality of web extensions or whatever

Losing the download status bar alone annoyed me. People are trying to bring that back last I looked, but I just hate everything about the trend in modern UI design to reduce or eliminate user choice and functionality. Mozilla outright ignored the concerns of extension developers. Things like Session Manager and many other things aren't possible with their new system.

I've tried using Chrome (considering the gutted Firefox loses its extension advantage over Chrome that was the only reason I even used Firefox) but I despise the way Chrome handles large amounts of tabs.

Oh I mean right from the start. I used waterfox before all this quantum nonsense.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Drifboom

Drifboom
4 months ago#18
Waterfox just got updated to 56.0.2! Though I'm wary of them planning to allow addon authors to charge for addons lmao.

JoboHotep posted...
I'm just fortunate that the only two add-ons I really use were uBlock Origin and NoScript.

NoScript wasn't available for a short while in Quantum, but I got more comfortable using uMatrix, and now like it much better than I do the new NoScript, so I'm fine with using Quantum now.

For what it's worth NoScript for Firefox Quantum has its XSS filter back, so it's usable again as a secondary security addon, despite being a weaker content blocker than uMatrix overall.

PhazonReborn posted..

If I was just blocking ads only uBlock Origin would be needed. It makes those others redundant.

Though to really lock down security/privacy many more addons would be needed.

KainFourteh posted...
Chrome is better.

Waterfox has:

- More customization.
- Stronger addons.
- Greater privacy. (pretty sure there's no way to completely turn off Google spying on your some of your activity in Chrome)

The only reason to use Chrome is speed (and the fact that it has an actual download statusbar, I guess). But Firefox Quantum is just as fast and can be tweaked more, despite being limited compared to Waterfox.
- DB

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#19
Chrome is still better, no reason to use anything else.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#20
Drifboom posted...
Waterfox just got updated to 56.0.2! Though I'm wary of them planning to allow addon authors to charge for addons lmao.

JoboHotep posted...
I'm just fortunate that the only two add-ons I really use were uBlock Origin and NoScript.

NoScript wasn't available for a short while in Quantum, but I got more comfortable using uMatrix, and now like it much better than I do the new NoScript, so I'm fine with using Quantum now.

For what it's worth NoScript for Firefox Quantum has its XSS filter back, so it's usable again as a secondary security addon, despite being a weaker content blocker than uMatrix overall.

PhazonReborn posted..

If I was just blocking ads only uBlock Origin would be needed. It makes those others redundant.

Though to really lock down security/privacy many more addons would be needed.

KainFourteh posted...
Chrome is better.

Waterfox has:

- More customization.
- Stronger addons.
- Greater privacy. (pretty sure there's no way to completely turn off Google spying on your some of your activity in Chrome)

The only reason to use Chrome is speed (and the fact that it has an actual download statusbar, I guess). But Firefox Quantum is just as fast and can be tweaked more, despite being limited compared to Waterfox.

Firefox has massive internal memory leak problems unless they fixed that by now....
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Waterfox > Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome, and every other browser.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived