This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tales of Berseria for $17.99 worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tales of Berseria for $17.99 worth it?

User Info: klienx

klienx
7 months ago#41
i really hate what they did to the weapon and equipment in zesteria. Do beseria have similar system?

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
7 months ago#42
IMO no, it's another average/poor Tales game to add to the growing pile of average/poor Tales games since the amazing Vesperia.
PLAYING - Football Manager 2018 (PC), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS), Divinity Orginal Sin 2 (PC)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
7 months ago#43
klienx posted...
i really hate what they did to the weapon and equipment in zesteria. Do beseria have similar system?

Yes
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: Meltdown1988

Meltdown1988
7 months ago#44
SilentHawk29 posted...
klienx posted...

Yes

Although they overhauled those mechanics to have them make much more sense this time, not be completely RNG reliant, and not require endless grinding. Master Skills (basically static equipment-based passives that turn permanent by earning enough grade while having said s*** equipped) and Enhance Skills are an awesome addition that solve a ton of problems. You're not just relying on the game dropping equipment with just the right random skills that have a massive influence on your party's performance. They're still a thing, but only as a small bonus.

Basically, Berseria = Zestiria if it were way less s***ty. Much more interesting and enjoyable characters (having a team full of morally dubious a******s is a fun, fresh take on the typical RPG party, even if your MC is a total edgelord for the first 75% of the story, which gets tiring, and at least one guy is just along for the ride and never really develops), improved combat that's still button mash-y but a lot more functional, better internal systems. And a story that's... well, it's got a good premise. Doesn't completely fulfill its potential. But at least it's got a decent amount of twists and turns, a few of which aren't entirely predictable. It caught me off guard a few times, which is good. Unlike Zestiria's which was an utter borefest.

Dungeons still suck ass though, they might even be more bland and repetitive than Zestiria's somehow. And the music's taken a hit. I mean, you've got a problem when most of the actually memorable tracks were lifted from the previous installment.
Hi

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
7 months ago#45
klienx posted...

Berseria has a much better system. In many ways it's a modern system.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tales of Berseria for $17.99 worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived