This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well steam, thanks...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Well steam, thanks...

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
7 months ago#61
JKatarn posted...
iemerg_ posted...
So I bought two $10 games a week ago and steam just finally put the order through. I didn't have much in my account and I was overdrafted $62 :( feels bad. Worst part is my next check clears tonight at midnight :-/

blogfaqs

Why the hell would you buy anything if your account funds were so low that $20 would cause an overdraft? Seems like common sense - of course that seems to be pretty rare around these parts. I'm guessing you're the type with a ludicrous Steam library full of unplayed games.

It's called I put money in my bank account an online purchase the funds were there but they were taken out at a time when no funds were present because i thought they had billed me already 2 weeks prior, it was an oversight at best I guess I'll have to start keeping $100 in my bank account at all times because of this bs, been doing it for years on prepaid cards with no issue. Don't understand how it's that hard for your to comprehend this. But like you said commen sense is a rarity around here.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

iemerg_
7 months ago#62
protools1983 posted...
So the infamous s*** talker iemerg_ is a real life peasant. Interesting.

spoken like a true 4k/vr peasant.

iemerg_
7 months ago#63
DiviDude posted...
MasterPoker posted...
"Poor shaming" is ignoring all the circumstances that led to being "poor". Everyone deserves the right to some kind of release from their daily lives, and you can do a lot worse than spending $10 on reuseable entertainment.

You could do a lot better, too. Like a library. Which is free. That's what I did was I was poor, because I'm responsible -- this is irresponsibility shaming, not poor shaming.

Yeah,no. I don't like reading its boring. id rather go broke gaming.

PS: I'm far from poor, own a house car boat snowmobile jetski $5,000 car audio sound system a lifted truck mustang GT convertable and 5 acres of land with a pool. Not bragging but you guys talking s*** in here like I'm poor are hilarious.

iemerg_
7 months ago#64
nominturddaddy posted...
This topic is proof that video games are just like drugs. You got the guy digging a financial pit to fuel the addiction, people giving him tough love, and people trying to keep him warm.

Same ecosystem. Addicts, deadend saviors, and enablers.

You're f***ing special dude, don't post in my threads anymore.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
7 months ago#65
DiviDude posted...
MasterPoker posted...
"Poor shaming" is ignoring all the circumstances that led to being "poor". Everyone deserves the right to some kind of release from their daily lives, and you can do a lot worse than spending $10 on reuseable entertainment.

You could do a lot better, too. Like a library. Which is free. That's what I did was I was poor, because I'm responsible -- this is irresponsibility shaming, not poor shaming.

Not only that but not everyone deserves the right to some kind of release from their daily lives. Instead of playing vidya games go out and make some money or do the things you need to do to start making more money. Then you'll "deserve" some kind of release from your daily life.

BearShrooms
7 months ago#66
LPT: Put down the video games, ditch the bad money management habits, better your financial situation.

BearShrooms
7 months ago#67
iemerg_ posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
This topic is proof that video games are just like drugs. You got the guy digging a financial pit to fuel the addiction, people giving him tough love, and people trying to keep him warm.

Same ecosystem. Addicts, deadend saviors, and enablers.

You're f***ing special dude, don't post in my threads anymore.

And there's the typical addict response.

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
7 months ago#68
That's odd...

...I thought Steam took payments before orders go through.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
7 months ago#69
why would you even link a bank account to steam in the first place? use a credit card (for more robust anti-fraud protection) or buy steam cards at 7-11 or whatever
I'll... shave that cat.

BearShrooms
7 months ago#70
MasterPoker posted...
DiviDude posted...
MasterPoker posted...

That's easy to say when you have access to personal or public translation that you can afford, and the mental fortitude to handle anything thrown your way. Don't assume the circumstances of others. Public school just got canceled here due to dangerously cold temperatures, and the nearest library is about a 90 minute walk away. Public advisory as of this weekend says not to spend more than 10 minutes outside unless its an emergency.

"Irresponsibility" is just a word thrown by the haves at the have-nots in life. If only you pulled your bootstraps and made responsible decisions, you too can have it all one day. A shame life doesn't work that way. I've lived with and around people with both physical and mental disorders, and it isn't always their choice to live a hard life. I'm not going to begrudge anyone $10 over reusable entertainment to bring a little joy to their life.

Why do people like you always have to go to some f***ing radical situation that applies to like 1% of the population like it justifies your point?

Buying and wasting time playing video games when you don't have the money to buy video games is exactly WHY people end up, or continue, being "have-nots". Yeah, there are outliers, but they are just that, outliers.

It's so ridiculous that the "have-nots" continuously tell the "haves" why their logic is flawed yet they can't possibly comprehend that maybe they continue to be "have-nots" because they have no idea what they are talking about and maybe, just maybe the "haves" have because they actually know what the f*** they are talking about.

It's not some god damned global conspiracy that nearly every single person who has ever written or talked about success has attributed that success to working hard instead of f***ing off and making poor choices.

The only people ever claiming bulls*** like what you wrote are either; a) politicians trying to win your vote, or, b) have-nots whose source credibility is LITERALLY non-existent.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Well steam, thanks...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived