This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well steam, thanks...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Well steam, thanks...

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
3 months ago#41
cody4783 posted...
I don't wanna be "that guy", but if you have less than $20 in your account, I get the feeling buying games from Steam should be relatively low on the priority list...

Also, relevant: The delay on Steam processing orders feels like it's related to the refund system. It MAY not be, but that seems to be around the time it shifted from an instant withdraw. Still, usually the charge at least shows up as a hold until a week or two passes.

Don't be that guy.

"Poor shaming" is ignoring all the circumstances that led to being "poor". Everyone deserves the right to some kind of release from their daily lives, and you can do a lot worse than spending $10 on reuseable entertainment.
Xuande
F/GO, Dec/18/17: http://i.imgur.com/QKTR0wR.jpg (364,837,417)

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
3 months ago#42
JKatarn posted...
pyromania86 posted...
Love this. I give s*** to the people who deserve it. And most people do, has nothing to do with me or insecurities. At least all the "good" people have a way of dealing with their beta lifestyle. That said, I am a decent person if you're not a dumbass.

Of course I will tell off somebody being a jackass/purposefully obtuse etc. - that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about people who randomly denigrate perfectly normal, nice people for their game platform etc. choices/mock people etc. to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. Basically, your bog standard GameFAQs troll. Also, the very fact that you felt the need to throw in the sad e-posturing term "beta" tells me you're exactly the kind of person I'm talking about. Again, I've never known a single happy/secure person who goes out of their way to lord something over/insult others, it's always, without fail, somebody with unresolved issues/insecurities/anger/psychopathy what have you. "I'm totally happy man, nothin' wrong with me, all normal people don't make eye contact with people in public, treat people like dirt, trash talk random people online etc etc."

Enjoy that beta lifestyle, you categorizing me as insecure, angry and psycho goes to show you are no better. Who's going out of their way? Not me, but you. I don;t treat people like dirt, but random people online have it coming 99% of the time. Go cry yourself to sleep.

That the response you needed to feel "good" about yourself?
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB | G910/G502
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png

User Info: Arnzillazor

Arnzillazor
3 months ago#43
Two words:

Check register.

Seriously though, I used to be one of the people that just looked at their online account to see what the balance is.

As soon as I got into writing checks for certain (few) things, that needed to change. Same thing with making online payments. It doesn't clear instantly, like it might if you do a debit transaction in a grocery store (typically).

Keep a record of all your purchases. If you want to minimize your entries, come up with a monthly budget for all your expenses. Then pull out some cash for things like groceries, gas, etc.

I have a spreadsheet you can use, or you can make your own. It makes everything so much easier.
"Necessity is the mother of invention."

User Info: Emperor_Zaphkie

Emperor_Zaphkie
3 months ago#44
yohabroha posted...
i remember TC giving me s*** for my salary coming out of college. so what the hell happened to your superior financial situation in that time

KOTRwhoops posted...
Struggling to have any sympathy whatsoever for the TC here.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
3 months ago#45
MasterPoker posted...
"Poor shaming" is ignoring all the circumstances that led to being "poor". Everyone deserves the right to some kind of release from their daily lives, and you can do a lot worse than spending $10 on reuseable entertainment.

You could do a lot better, too. Like a library. Which is free. That's what I did was I was poor, because I'm responsible -- this is irresponsibility shaming, not poor shaming.

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
3 months ago#46
DiviDude posted...
MasterPoker posted...

You could do a lot better, too. Like a library. Which is free. That's what I did was I was poor, because I'm responsible -- this is irresponsibility shaming, not poor shaming.

That's easy to say when you have access to personal or public translation that you can afford, and the mental fortitude to handle anything thrown your way. Don't assume the circumstances of others. Public school just got canceled here due to dangerously cold temperatures, and the nearest library is about a 90 minute walk away. Public advisory as of this weekend says not to spend more than 10 minutes outside unless its an emergency.

"Irresponsibility" is just a word thrown by the haves at the have-nots in life. If only you pulled your bootstraps and made responsible decisions, you too can have it all one day. A shame life doesn't work that way. I've lived with and around people with both physical and mental disorders, and it isn't always their choice to live a hard life. I'm not going to begrudge anyone $10 over reusable entertainment to bring a little joy to their life.
Xuande
F/GO, Dec/18/17: http://i.imgur.com/QKTR0wR.jpg (364,837,417)

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 months ago#47
^ Closest public library to where I live is about 8 miles. No public transportation available. The walk there would be around 2 1/2 hours. The walk back is almost entirely uphill, gaining more than 1500 feet in elevation, and would probably take longer.

I did indeed borrow a *crapload* of books from the library when I was younger, even into high school, and read all the time. But not everyone has easy access to a library...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
(message deleted)

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 months ago#49
Rosencroitz posted...
JKatarn posted...
Every 's*** talker', whether it's online or in meatspace is insecure about SOME aspect of their life, otherwise they wouldn't need te constant posturing. Secure/happy people don't need to brag/denigrate others.

And this is the fairytale that 'good' people tell themselves, in order to sleep at night.

It's just that--a fairytale.

Well, no, when you're genuinely happy, you don't even notice other people's problems lol.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 months ago#50
I only came back for the check/cheque debate....Imma still call it a checking account. #getmadbrahect
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Well steam, thanks...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived