This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So why do people hate undertale?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
11 months ago#61
Dragon Nexus posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
I mean, the game has SJW themes running through it,

People say this but there's really not much other than "Hey, are you aware homosexuals exist and have lives and relationships and stuff?"

It's not pushing an agenda. It has characters in it who are gay. It has at least one trans character. It's not making some grandious message, it just has those characters.

Reminds me of when Virginia came out on Steam and everyone insta-hated it because it was an SJW game. Because the main character is a black female. Like...that was it. The main character was black...and female.

But no, that was proof of the SJW agenda trying to take our games away from us...somehow?

We don't want these SJWs taking away our jobs!

But anyway, who even is the trans character? I remember hearing this before. Isn't that just the robot who starts off as a box and then ends up fabulous? This stuff is so not in your face that I played through the game and actively looked for side content and still missed the part where apparently there's a gay couple. Although, I learned later about one character I could have optionally befriended so I assume that's how I missed it.

I strangely wanted to like this game just to spite the justicephobes but alas, I didn't enjoy the gameplay and I was annoyed by every character and all the things they say. Except kinda for Toriel. But her a little bit too.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
11 months ago#62
ElDudorino posted...
where apparently there's a gay couple.

There are two.

The dog guards you fight outside Snowdin are gay.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
11 months ago#63
Dragon Nexus posted...
ElDudorino posted...

There are two.

What? The ones who become convinced that you're a special type of dog that pets other dogs? I just assumed they were male and female. Don't they have a child together? Granted, they could have adopted. Or did I just make up this back story for them?

Just about every character is like a skeleton or a dog or a lizard or whatever so half the time there's no clear marker of what gender somebody is unless they're specifically wearing lipstick.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
11 months ago#64
ElDudorino posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
ElDudorino posted...

There are two.

What? The ones who become convinced that you're a special type of dog that pets other dogs? I just assumed they were male and female. Don't they have a child together? Granted, they could have adopted. Or did I just make up this back story for them?

Just about every character is like a skeleton or a dog or a lizard or whatever so half the time there's no clear marker of what gender somebody is unless they're specifically wearing lipstick.

I was wrong, those two are male and female, as you say. I meant two guards that show up later

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/undertale/images/2/2e/Royal.png/revision/latest?cb=20160211160921
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
11 months ago#65
ElDudorino posted...
But anyway, who even is the trans character? I remember hearing this before. Isn't that just the robot who starts off as a box and then ends up fabulous?

Yes, but there's more to it than that if you explore enough. Mettaton is originally a ghost and Napstablook's cousin; you can find the key to his old house and read his diaries. While 'transgender' isn't quite the right term, his transition from ghost to robot is described in terms that are very, VERY similar to how trans people tend to feel about transitioning to their desired gender.

This stuff is so not in your face that I played through the game and actively looked for side content and still missed the part where apparently there's a gay couple. Although, I learned later about one character I could have optionally befriended so I assume that's how I missed it.

That's how you missed it. You also missed one of the major endings of the game, by the way-- one of the criteria for that ending is to befriend everyone. If you're not sure what you need to do to get it, [SPARE] Flowey after the final battle and he'll give you a hint.

Or, if you just want to be told what to do instead of piecing it together....

Forgive me if I mess up any steps; it's been over a year since I last played this. You must be Lv. 1 and must have seen an ending. If you didn't kill anything other than Asgore or Flowey (which you presumably did since you were able to befriend Undyne) you can just load your save; otherwise, you have to reset and play up to the point where the story diverges.

Go back to Papyrus' house and speak to Undyne. She should give you a letter for Alphys, which will put you on the route to dating Alphys and unlocking a different ending with more plot reveals and a new final boss.
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So why do people hate undertale?
  • Topic Archived