This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So why do people hate undertale?

User Info: BombermanGold

BombermanGold
11 months ago#51
Mostly hype backlash.

Was a bit of a fad, though with people talking it up and down as greatest game ever(!!1!1!) and all that.

I haven't played it. Doesn't interest me enough to want to get it, but seen enough videos and read enough of it that the premise and story I thought was alright.
"I will be your superhero!!!"
STEAM ID: BombermanGOLDEN

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
11 months ago#52
I've played it, it's not really that great. Non violence route is PITA though.

User Info: Ryushosen_Zan

Ryushosen_Zan
11 months ago#53
The fan base is trash and literal cancer.
Most recent Monster Hunter: Monster Hunter (PS2, Christmas 2004)
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC 11 months ago#54
Massively overhyped IMO, to the point where its fans flooded the poll for Best Game Ever here a while back and made it the winner.
"Shut your filthy whore mouth."- AB
"But if I shut my filthy whore mouth, I can't use it to be a filthy whore. Does not compute." - TashaMK

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
11 months ago#55
Fanbase.

I mean, the game has SJW themes running through it, but it was unique enough to warrant a look.

But the fanbase is amongst the worst.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
11 months ago#56
bluezero posted...
I started it this weekend. Standing still in the game for 20 minutes is not a fun game.

Um... You do realize that, when Toriel tells you to wait for her to come back, you can keep going? And are intended to keep going?
I wish I made $400k a year to spam Twitter with nonsense and go golfing in Florida every other weekend....

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
11 months ago#57
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb0TBtLT0y4

here's the gamefaqs historical documentery

Ryushosen_Zan posted...
The fan base is trash and literal cancer.

I didn't talk to them
how bad are they?

Jason_Hudson posted...
Fanbase.

I mean, the game has SJW themes running through it, but it was unique enough to warrant a look.

But the fanbase is amongst the worst.

like humilating a really strong female character and then have the option to kill her after she attacks you with everything she got?

killable non mery sue females?

star wars the last snowflake is a SJW propeganda

undertale is not.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
11 months ago#58
Jason_Hudson posted...
I mean, the game has SJW themes running through it,

People say this but there's really not much other than "Hey, are you aware homosexuals exist and have lives and relationships and stuff?"

It's not pushing an agenda. It has characters in it who are gay. It has at least one trans character. It's not making some grandious message, it just has those characters.

Reminds me of when Virginia came out on Steam and everyone insta-hated it because it was an SJW game. Because the main character is a black female. Like...that was it. The main character was black...and female.

But no, that was proof of the SJW agenda trying to take our games away from us...somehow?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
11 months ago#59
I don't hate it, I just don't see the appeal. I did try.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
11 months ago#60
Dragon Nexus posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
I mean, the game has SJW themes running through it,

People say this but there's really not much other than "Hey, are you aware homosexuals exist and have lives and relationships and stuff?"

It's not pushing an agenda. It has characters in it who are gay. It has at least one trans character. It's not making some grandious message, it just has those characters.

Reminds me of when Virginia came out on Steam and everyone insta-hated it because it was an SJW game. Because the main character is a black female. Like...that was it. The main character was black...and female.

But no, that was proof of the SJW agenda trying to take our games away from us...somehow?

That's something I really don't understand. Yes, SJW were/are a problem. They literally declared gaming as dead through gaming based websites. However, Undertale really doesn't follow the usual s***fest that is SJW. It doesn't offend, so it's not anti-SJW, but not everything needs to be.
The cat goes meow, the pig goes oink, the dog goes Eeedddwaaarrddd..
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So why do people hate undertale?
  • Topic Archived