This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the best budget speaker and subwoofer combo that will last a long time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the best budget speaker and subwoofer combo that will last a long time?

User Info: ThePHiLsTeR

ThePHiLsTeR
5 months ago#1
I'm not an audiophile. I play video games and listen to Itunes.

Thanks
Ryzen 1700, MSI x370 Carbon Gaming Pro, LG Ultra-wide 144hz 1ms Monitor, Corsair 2666mhz 16gb RAM, Geforce 1070, PS4 Pro with SSD

User Info: Paulo_Lopes

Paulo_Lopes
5 months ago#2
Define "budget".

I used a wired 2.1 system from Edifier for several years that you can get for less than 30 bucks nowadays. But you may also be interested in an Amazon Basics soundbar with built-in subwoofer that I see for around 100 from time to time.

Give me some better context so I (and other people) can help you better.
"If it was up to us, we'd port all of our games to PC." - Platinum Games, makers of the famous Nintendo exclusive franchise: Bayonetta

User Info: Riot55555

Riot55555
5 months ago#3
A lot of people recommend JBL 305s. I just bought Vanatoo Transparent Zeroes and like them well enough, but they're not super bassy (subwoofer would help)
youtube.com/riot55 ~~ twitch.tv/riot12345
Competitive Global Elite CS:GO, Hearthstone, Street Fighter gameplay, tutorials and more!

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
5 months ago#4
What do you consider "budget?"

In the $150 neighborhood, the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is still a solid option - I've had mine for more than a decade now, and they're still good. Not audiophile quality, but plenty loud, bass sounds more rich rather than hollow or thumpy, etc.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: juscallmeehx

juscallmeehx
5 months ago#5
KillerTruffle posted...
What do you consider "budget?"

In the $150 neighborhood, the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is still a solid option - I've had mine for more than a decade now, and they're still good. Not audiophile quality, but plenty loud, bass sounds more rich rather than hollow or thumpy, etc.

I have these and they are amazing.

You can easily catch them on sale, especially Ebay for $100.
It's not the hardware in your hands that matters, but the software in your hearts.

User Info: ThePHiLsTeR

ThePHiLsTeR
5 months ago#6
Thanks, just bought the klipsh promedia 2.1 new open box on ebay for $108. Cheers
Ryzen 1700, MSI x370 Carbon Gaming Pro, LG Ultra-wide 144hz 1ms Monitor, Corsair 2666mhz 16gb RAM, Geforce 1070, PS4 Pro with SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the best budget speaker and subwoofer combo that will last a long time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived