This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Literally brand new to pc gaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Literally brand new to pc gaming

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#11
yeah i skipped over the laptop portion, i'm still not used to seeing full GPUs in a laptop spec list despite them being that way for the last 2 years.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: chief606

chief606
4 months ago#12
Yeah got it at a steal as well. Was just over a thousand on black Friday. Canadian mind you. This thing probably would have been like 800 bucks or so American. I checked out the steam library for the first time. Blew my damn mind with how many games are there. I know there are some older titles that are active on PC like the original battlefront 2. Or at least I heard it was. So that's of interest to me.
FC 4485 2219 8958, PSN SARGEh32149606
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

yohabroha
4 months ago#13
back to the issue at hand, the answer to your questions are:

December 21st for the Steam winter sale.

Games to get, assuming you have a PS4 and not an X1
PUBG
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (my GOTY)
Cuphead
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

chief606
4 months ago#14
yohabroha posted...
back to the issue at hand, the answer to your questions are:

December 21st for the Steam winter sale.

Games to get, assuming you have a PS4 and not an X1
PUBG
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (my GOTY)
Cuphead

That's exactly what I have lol. I have the pro, and plan on grabbing the switch come January. With the laptop, I don't see a point in grabbing an Xbox. I really want cuphead so I was going to wait and see if it goes on sale for the winter steam sale. Divinity I have heard of, may need to check it out. Once again, kinda new. Not sure if my laptop with its specs can run pubg well enough.

yohabroha
4 months ago#15
don't just look on steam, the Humble Store and Humble Bundles are great places to find Steam and non-Steam versions of games for cheap. The Humble Monthly especially tends to have some good games in them for cheap every month. GOG is another storefront that will sell you DRM-free copies of games. There are other storefronts as well but I don't want the thread to turn into a grey market debate topic.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly
https://www.gog.com/

chief606
4 months ago#16
Thanks for the heads up. I actually thought humble bundle was through steam lol. Hopefully I proved I wasn't a troll on this board, and I'm looking forward to some actual PC gaming. One thing. I really don't like keyboard and mouse controls. I know the DS4 and the Xbox controller are compatible, which is suggested? Other then K&M as I know it is more accurate, I'm just used to controller set ups.

yohabroha
4 months ago#17
if you intend to play any shooter at any point down the road, controllers aren't an option. you will get reamed. controllers are subjective, ps4/x1/steam controller are all interchangeable at this point for me, except in Rocket League where i solely use the x1 controller. everyone has their own preference.

chief606
4 months ago#18
yohabroha posted...
if you intend to play any shooter at any point down the road, controllers aren't an option. you will get reamed. controllers are subjective, ps4/x1/steam controller are all interchangeable at this point for me, except in Rocket League where i solely use the x1 controller. everyone has their own preference.

Yeah I figured if I wanted to jump into CSGO I would get smoked pretty hard. As long as both controllers are an option then I'm good.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#19
chief606 posted...
yohabroha posted...

Yeah I figured if I wanted to jump into CSGO I would get smoked pretty hard. As long as both controllers are an option then I'm good.

Single player shooters are just fine with a gamepad. Although some work horribly. But in multiplayer ya you will get reamed.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
4 months ago#20
Ever played Planescape Torment? It would run on a quarter of a potato but it's actually a really great game. I also suggest Witcher 3, Evil Within 1 & 2, Arma 3, Tomb Raider, Alien Isolation, Little Nightmares, >Observer, The Sexy Brutale, Arcanum, Pathologic Classic HD, The Age of Decadence, Wasteland 2, Condemned Criminal Origins, Prey, SWAT 4 on GOG, Umineko, The Nonary Games, Zero Time Dilemma, Danganronpa Series, .Hack GU Rebirth, and basically an endless list of other games. PC is the best platform, you're going to be happy.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Literally brand new to pc gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived