This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Literally brand new to pc gaming

User Info: chief606

chief606
11 months ago#1
Sort of. Recently picked up a gaming laptop as my girlfriend needed a new one for work as her mac wasn't compatible with some programs. Decided to spend the extra cash and get a semi decent gaming laptop. I have a couple questions though as I'm primarily a console gamer, it's usually easier.

When is the steam winter sale? All I hear about is how awesome steam is, so I'm excited to spend more money.

What are a couple good PC exclusive games? I'm into every type of game minus RTS pretty much.

That's pretty much it unless you guys can throw some advice towards someone who is really new to this thing. If it matters,
GTX GeForce 1060
7th Gen i5
DDR4 16 GB RAM
Dedicated SSD along with a standard HDD

Thanks in advance
FC 4485 2219 8958, PSN SARGEh32149606
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
11 months ago#2
what happened to your girlfriend broke up with me thread from 2 hours ago? i guess the trolling didnt work over there huh?
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

chief606
11 months ago#3
blacklabelice posted...
what happened to your girlfriend broke up with me thread from 2 hours ago? i guess the trolling didnt work over there huh?

I'm sorry come again? I hang out on the ps4 and cod WW2 boards. Literally my first time on the PC boards.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
11 months ago#4
Well there is a post in your history on the PS4 boards about being dumped but it looks like it's no longer available for viewing.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

chief606
11 months ago#5
shmirlywhirl posted...
Well there is a post in your history on the PS4 boards about being dumped but it looks like it's no longer available for viewing.

Wasn't me lol. TC was going on about his DD girl who left him. Someone posted an "I'm sorry dudes" comment, which comes Frome slime something or other. Big troll on the ps4 boards. Then I jumped in with an "I'm sorry dudes, his girlfriend left him because he plays too much fate Grand order" which comes from another known troll. I don't have time to troll, so I came here to ask a couple questions.

chief606
11 months ago#6
Anyone want to help out?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
11 months ago#7
should've built it
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

chief606
11 months ago#8
yohabroha posted...
should've built it

I checked out PC builds on YouTube, and it seems like it's doable. But at the same time, I like the portability and being able to take it around. I really wouldn't want to sink like 1500 bucks into a build only to mess something up. This was just easier, and I got it on black Friday at bestbuy.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
11 months ago#9
i don't get the portability thing, you can take any build around, or build into an ITX case like i did for a build, its about the size of an original X1.

at any rate, you'll probably want to swap out the power supply in your prebuilt because they usually put s***ty ones in there and that can f*** your s*** up
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

chief606
11 months ago#10
yohabroha posted...
i don't get the portability thing, you can take any build around, or build into an ITX case like i did for a build, its about the size of an original X1.

at any rate, you'll probably want to swap out the power supply in your prebuilt because they usually put s***ty ones in there and that can f*** your s*** up

Lol once again. I'm really new to this stuff. I figured pre built laptop's couldn't really be messed with? And like I said, the girlfriend will be taking it to work from time to time. So it was just easier to do this. I don't have any illusions of playing games at 4k with 60 fps in a laptop, but I figured I wouldn't have too many issues with games like CSGO or pubg.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Literally brand new to pc gaming
  • Topic Archived