This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighterz

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Fighterz

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
4 months ago#11
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
$35. And yeah, they are.

To be fair at $35 that's $4.38 a character which isn't bad as DLC. But if any of those are just more variations of existing characters (like more Gokus, Vegetas, etc) then it's a f***ing lazy cashgrab.

Which just goes to show how f***ing stupid DLC is. That's more than 7% of the cost of the full game. The full game contains a whole bunch of characters, levels, music, sounds, the actual engine, etc... in terms of cost for effort, $4.38 per character is insane.

Do you know just how much time and money goes into making a new character for a fighting game?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/skullgirls-characters-cost-250k-each-to-create-heres-why-squigly-is-cheaper/

"Costs differ depending on the developer, and whether the game is 2D or 3D, Bartholow replied, but added: “We’ve heard rumors that Street Fighter IV characters cost more than $1M each.”"

Even if it was on the lower end it would still be well over $100K easily so yeah, $4.38 per character is more than fair (again, assuming they are a unique and interesting character, not just a modified version of an existing character like another Goku or something).
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#12
1337toothbrush posted...
in terms of cost for effort, $4.38 per character is insane.

no it isn't
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 months ago#13
BMXJouster posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
$35. And yeah, they are.

To be fair at $35 that's $4.38 a character which isn't bad as DLC. But if any of those are just more variations of existing characters (like more Gokus, Vegetas, etc) then it's a f***ing lazy cashgrab.

Which just goes to show how f***ing stupid DLC is. That's more than 7% of the cost of the full game. The full game contains a whole bunch of characters, levels, music, sounds, the actual engine, etc... in terms of cost for effort, $4.38 per character is insane.

Do you know just how much time and money goes into making a new character for a fighting game?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/skullgirls-characters-cost-250k-each-to-create-heres-why-squigly-is-cheaper/

"Costs differ depending on the developer, and whether the game is 2D or 3D, Bartholow replied, but added: “We’ve heard rumors that Street Fighter IV characters cost more than $1M each.”"

Even if it was on the lower end it would still be well over $100K easily so yeah, $4.38 per character is more than fair (again, assuming they are a unique and interesting character, not just a modified version of an existing character like another Goku or something).

A quick check shows that Street Fighter IV has 44 characters. So the characters alone cost over $44 million dollars?
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

yohabroha
4 months ago#14
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
$35. And yeah, they are.

A quick check shows that Street Fighter IV has 44 characters. So the characters alone cost over $44 million dollars?

SFIV had 25 characters originally, so yeah 25 mil is probably pretty close. 5 characters were only available in the Ultra version of SFIV, which was what, $40? so $8/character there.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 months ago#15
yohabroha posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
$35. And yeah, they are.

SFIV had 25 characters originally, so yeah 25 mil is probably pretty close. 5 characters were only available in the Ultra version of SFIV, which was what, $40? so $8/character there.

That's a standalone game. You're not paying $40 for just five characters. Do you think the entire budget is just characters?
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: neroAngelo

neroAngelo
4 months ago#16
BMXJouster posted...
neroAngelo posted...
BMXJouster posted...
To be fair at $35 that's $4.38 a character which isn't bad as DLC

Yea it is. At least you can get it 12% off at fanatical.

I was talking about the base price ($35 for an 8-character Season Pass, assuming they're all unique and good, is a fair price).

And you can't buy the Season Pass at Fanatical, only the base game, Fighter Edition or Ultimate Edition so what's the point of even bringing up their 12% off in regards to the Season Pass pricing? Plus if you buy from Fanatical you're committed to the game and Season Pass DLC (without knowing who's in it) and if it's a s*** port you can't get a refund since you purchased outside of Steam.

Yea, I got what you meant the first time. I still think it's way overpriced.

Why I mentioned the deal should be obvious. Because it's a way to get the game and its dlc a bit cheaper.
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 6700k@4.5, 32GB DDR4, 1070 G1 8GB, 512GB 840 pro, 960 GB SanDisk Ultra II, HTC Vive

yohabroha
4 months ago#17
1337toothbrush posted...
yohabroha posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
$35. And yeah, they are.

That's a standalone game. You're not paying $40 for just five characters. Do you think the entire budget is just characters?

for that game, its pretty damn close to being the entire reason to buy it. have you played Ultra? you're also ignoring the point, that your original assessment was wrong. the prices are high enough to where i don't buy them at launch, but they're not outrageous.

User Info: ethsfan

ethsfan
4 months ago#18
yohabroha posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
yohabroha posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
BMXJouster posted...
$35. And yeah, they are.

for that game, its pretty damn close to being the entire reason to buy it. have you played Ultra? you're also ignoring the point, that your original assessment was wrong. the prices are high enough to where i don't buy them at launch, but they're not outrageous.

Buyers controll the market, if nobody bought lets say soul calibur then they wouldnt make another.

Plus doesnt SF have several version? (Ultra/super/etc for SF iv). Think some people waited for the 2nd version to come out.

Agreed tho, unless its a game where not much is behind a paywall its better to wait for a sale.

If none of the 8 dlc characters interest me i am okay with buying just the base game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGg5Mhol-g

User Info: Riot55555

Riot55555
4 months ago#19
And the same fans whine about MVC:I and Capcom
youtube.com/riot55 ~~ twitch.tv/riot12345
Competitive Global Elite CS:GO, Hearthstone, Street Fighter gameplay, tutorials and more!

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
4 months ago#20
Cool name is Fighterz.
I am not economically viable.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Fighterz

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived