This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to PC gaming. Any games like Monster Hunter or the Souls Series?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New to PC gaming. Any games like Monster Hunter or the Souls Series?

User Info: GodKuzanagi

GodKuzanagi
4 months ago#21
Yeah, idk why I got them confused Team Ninja is Ninja Gaiden.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am really excited for Nioh.

Speaking off, for the Steam Sale, I am hing to grab:

Dark Souls 3 Complete (I literally own this on PS4 but rather try it again on PC. lol. Waste of money, but whatever)
Nioh Complete
Fallout VR
The Surge (looked cool)
Overwatch - Only if really cheap

I'll get MH for the PS4, mosty because so are all my friends.

Any other suggestions? Just trying to start a library I guess.
Your god and savior

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
4 months ago#22
Your best friend for PC gaming is going to be reddit.com/r/gamedeals
skull

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 months ago#23
Mount and Blade

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
4 months ago#24
captsplatter_1 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
Monster Hunter World will be coming to PC at some point, though they haven't said when yet.

Got to have that 4k, 144fps, at ultra visuals am I right?

1440p for me.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Asus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1TB x2, 500GB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
4 months ago#25
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
In the vein of MH, the only PC exclusive I know of off the top of my head is Dauntless:

https://playdauntless.com/

Ok, this looks hella fun.

Is the founders pack worh it? I may do it lol

Sure, if you can get on board with the fact that they've been pushing their founder's pack as their "face" since they announced the game, and that they've put more effort in to advertising and pushing those packs than they have in to the game itself.

Personally, I wouldn't buy in to it. But, I have a thing about being an open wallet patsy for devs to milk with s***ty behavior and bare necessity improvements to the product they're attempting to sell.

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
4 months ago#26
Hollow Knight for a similar atmosphere, exploration and world design as Dark Souls, although the gameplay is full blown (top notch) Metroidvania. Nioh for a similar (but better) take on the combat system and difficulty level. I think these are probably the two best, let's call it noticeably-Souls-inspired games that have been made so far. Both strong GOTY contenders for me.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#27
it_r_over9000 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
Monster Hunter World will be coming to PC at some point, though they haven't said when yet.

Got to have that 4k, 144fps, at ultra visuals am I right?

1440p for me.

Same but not quite 144fps, more like 100fps. Sometimes go higher, sometimes lower, but I make sure it doesn't go below 60fps. Unless the game is poorly optimized.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#28
GodKuzanagi posted...
Man, is there a way to know if the game will go on Sale on the Steam Winter Sale? Because I am willing to pay the full $50 for it, but I would hate it so much if it went on Sale immediately 4 days after lol

While there is no way to know, you can check what the lowest price it has ever been sold for (at least on non-grey market sites) via Cheapshark.com.

In this case, it was $40.49 on November 7, 2017 (PC launch sale) so I'd expect it to be at least $40 during the winter sale.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
4 months ago#29
Nioh isn't really pvp or mmo. It has instance based linear missions that are attached to a slowly expanding hub-map which is basically just your mission select screen. You manage an absurd amount of skills, stats, armor, weapons, magic and ninja powers which can not only make things easier or smoother for your style, but changeup how you approach maps a lot. E.G: Water or Wind + Sloth Talisman + A few consumables to boost ki = you're a blender and they're moving at 5FPS, kills any boss in the game.

For coop you can play the entire game with a friend from start to end, sans probably a total of 10 missions/duels that are SP only, from a menu called tori gate. Ignore the cup system.

For PVP there is a dedicated battle mode (1v1 or 2v2, iirc) that is an automatch system. It sucks, is janky, and don't bother.

Bonfires are now shrines, with the added benefit of access to your meta storage box you dump supplies into. Blood pools are now revenants, an AI clone of the player who died there that has all their loot and equippables. You duel, and then get a chance to grab some of the loot they were wearing.

Nioh is a very solid 7/10. It's repetitive, often ugly, bosses are hit or miss and the story is complete Koei-Tier absurdity. Dark Souls III is significantly better in atmosphere, lore, and polish but Nioh has a very frenetic, addicting combat system that draws me in every time I play.

For reference I play with a katana, medium style, tons of dodge/counter movesets plugged into my scheme and focus on precision and ki timing. If I'm in a bind, I use elemental magic or AoE spells to slow down enemies. It's fun. Btw last note ,coop is easy as ****ing hell. Try not to have your first experience with the game be that.
Since only from below can one better see the heights.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
4 months ago#30
Dragon's Dogma and Nioh are both amazing. I got Nioh at launch for like $36 on Greenmangaming, see if they still have deals on it.

I mostly really liked The Surge but I know a lot of people didn't. There are some lame things about it though--90% of the game is in repetitive generic corridors, it doesn't bother to try to tell a story, the combat can feel a bit sloppy, etc. The main thing I didn't like were some enemies at the end of the game who could one shot you.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New to PC gaming. Any games like Monster Hunter or the Souls Series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived