This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever hardlock a game to 30fps on purpose?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you ever hardlock a game to 30fps on purpose?

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 months ago#11
the occasional bad port that can't do a stable 60 and doesn't have an option for 45.

not for 4k or anything, just in general. I'll take a stable framerate over a high one, unless it's stable at something stupid low.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
4 months ago#12
Yes. I don't have a rig for 1080p/60fps so I run close to console majority of the time. A recent find makes it possible to lock to 30fps & run smooth with low latency like consoles.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 months ago#13
Never locked to 30 for anything but I can say I'm fine with staying at 60fps and a better resolution over getting a 144hz screen.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#14
Only Just Cause 2, because it tends to break when the framerate fluctuates.
I cap lots of broken 2D games to 60 to prevent them from jumping between 8.3ms and 33.3ms frametimes because they can't handle the idea of a 120hz display.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
4 months ago#15
Only game in recent memory that needed it was Dark Souls 1. There's a bug where at 60fps you can fall through the ground when using a ladder.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
4 months ago#16
reincarnator07 posted...
Only game in recent memory that needed it was Dark Souls 1. There's a bug where at 60fps you can fall through the ground when using a ladder.

GTA III has similar problems when uncapping the frame rate past 30... shame because damn near any machine could do 4k 60 with that game.
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
4 months ago#17
Not unless there's some unusual issue for a game that doesn't need more than 30 anyway like turn based games.
I am not economically viable.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#18
Terantatek posted...
Only so I can do side by side comparisons to prove to console gamers that their frame rate is inferior

Wow, what a sad life you must lead.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#19
turning on vsync may have the same effect, but i have never done something like force an inferior frame rate like 30fps.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#20
zhenghan posted...
turning on vsync may have the same effect, but i have never done something like force an inferior frame rate like 30fps.

Won't do 30fps ever on PC, but I can handle a few games at that framerate on consoles. Since well I don't have a choice anyways.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you ever hardlock a game to 30fps on purpose?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived