This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's not possible to disable Windows update anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So it's not possible to disable Windows update anymore?

User Info: d209999

d209999
4 months ago#31
Ciera posted...
Told u, Windows 10 is f***ing garbage.

lol
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 months ago#32
Never had a problem with the updates but damn MS can go suck themselves off.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
4 months ago#33
Orestes417 posted...
There's a high correlation between people who half ass their system maintenance and people who complain about things like this happening. It's not a coincidence. If you'd pick a time you weren't using your system at least once a month and do the goddamned updates manually you wouldn't have these problems.

0% chance of it occurring if you weren’t using a garbage operating system. Really makes you think.

godplaysSNES posted...
Microsoft probably got tired of everyone not keeping their OSes secure

LOL. Obviously they must believe Windows 10 users are too incompetent to be trusted with their own computers. They willingly installed and use Windows 10 after all. If Microsoft believes you shouldn’t own your own f***ing computer anymore who are you to doubt them? The future is now.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#34
wei-pai posted...
Well OP, you are a sheep so you deserve it. You decided to follow the other sheep and started using Winblows 10 even when people told you not to. Enjoy your s***ty updates.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Amuseum

Amuseum
4 months ago#35
better to risk bricking millions of computer (that MS don't own), than cope with a very slim, infinitesimal chance of leaving a computer insecure, right?
Ergonomic keyboard layouts for Android https://goo.gl/KR1vK6
5-suited Draw Poker for Android http://goo.gl/KhmXi

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#36
Yup, Windows Update has been cancer ever since 10. It has never, ever respected desired update hours for me. Lost lots of work to that s***.
Never using Windows 10 for work ever again. Even if I get another Windows AIO, I'll make sure it's something I can put 7 on.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Madmicky933

Madmicky933
4 months ago#37
I always have it disabled.

Dude, just open Task Manager, click on the Services tab, now click on Open Services at the bottom.
Services window will pop up. Find Windows Update, right-click & open Properties. Then switch from Automatic to Disabled. Apply and OK.

DONE. You don't have to worry about updates ever again unless YOU want to enable it and have them.

Geez. I don't know how more people don't know about this. But hopefully this helps you and others who read this.
Karma... Is a powerful force..

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
4 months ago#38
I've thankfully managed to avoid any of these issues across all of my devices.

Still win 10 has a tendency to do what it wants more often than it should.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.
(message deleted)

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 months ago#40
Killah Priest posted...
Still win 10 has a tendency to do what it wants more often than it should.

You don't own it.

It owns you.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So it's not possible to disable Windows update anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived