This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rainbow 6 siege, do I need a headset with mic ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rainbow 6 siege, do I need a headset with mic ?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
4 months ago#1
I know on console its easy plug and play. I do have a PS4 but I usually buy all multi platform games for the PC.

So for PC do I just get headset that has mic attached to it ?

Then just plug the 3.5mm in the back of the tower and it's done ? Or is it one of those things where in have to install third party software like teamspeak ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
4 months ago#2
if you plan to play ranked then yea a headset/mic is necessary, for casual you dont.

Kano92
4 months ago#3
johnny_pay posted...
if you plan to play ranked then yea a headset/mic is necessary, for casual you dont.

Yeah but is ranked what everybody is playing though ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
4 months ago#4
i have no idea, i stick to casual, never have a problem finding a casual game.

User Info: Mr_Sociopath

Mr_Sociopath
4 months ago#5
You will find plenty of games in Casual mode. A mic is nice, but not necessary.

Also, I'd wait for a sale, and don't get the Starter Edition, get the Standard Edition, or above if you think you'll really like the game.
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid

Kano92
4 months ago#6
So don't get it for the PS4 then...ok
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
4 months ago#7
Buy R6 Siege for the platform where a majority of your buddies are on. A headset is not really necessary in my opinion. I mostly play Terrorist Hunt but in those PvP modes a headset is desirable. Only best played with people you know with headsets to communicate but with strangers they'll just argue with you.

Kano92
4 months ago#8
I don't really have any gaming buddies. I just wanted to get the best version of the game and didn't want to miss out on any features. I usually get all my multiplatform games on PC.
PC-WiiU-PS4

Kano92
4 months ago#9
K, thx
PC-WiiU-PS4
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rainbow 6 siege, do I need a headset with mic ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived