This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't care about Net Neutrality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 months ago#41
tearast posted...

So they BOUGHT that infrastructure and OWN it. Who are you to tell them to do what they want to their OWN property? This isn't communist America and will never be.

the american taxpayer paid for most of that infrastructure. Twice. The ISP pocketed the grant the second time around instead of upholding their end of the deal.

but of course you probably didn't know that, either. Wouldn't surprise me.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 months ago#42
Voidgolem posted...

Or he did and doesn't care because corporations should be allowed to do whatever they want to do.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
4 months ago#43

Freedom? NN FORCES companies to do what the GOVERNMENT tells them to do. It's their product, they should have the FREEDOM to do whatever they want before selling it and you have the FREEDOM to not buy it if you so choose. It's called a free market, basic economics. NN is the exact opposite of freedom, it is big government and regulations. You have no right to tell companies how to make their own product.

This is where you show how much of a shill you are. The Internet was classified as a public utility, the same as water and electricity. Are you going to vouch for your electricity company to gouge their customers too?

There are SOME services that cannot be free market, because 99.9% of the country's population DEPEND on it to go through their daily lives. In 2017, the Internet is one of those things. It is still basically a free market, but with SMALL restrictions to prevent ISP's from completely raping their customers EVEN MORE than they already are. Verizon, Comcast and Time Warner have basically no competition already, which lets them completely ram people's butts for ludicrously bad internet packages, and they're ALREADY MAKING RECORD PROFITS FROM IT.

Let me also bring up the point that Ajit Pai keeps saying Net Neutrality prevents Verizon from investing money into the Internet, whereas they increased their investments into online ventures by 10% since last year.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/title-ii-hasnt-hurt-network-investment-according-to-the-isps-themselves/

Why do you feel the need to defend mega-corporations picking customers' pockets, as well as your own?
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

Voidgolem
4 months ago#44
given that his mindset is shared by at least one guy that's a confirmed NEET, I try to give the benefit of the doubt.

User Info: tiedyedguy

tiedyedguy
4 months ago#45

Or he did and doesn't care because corporations should be allowed to do whatever they want to do.

Won't someone please think of the poor corporations
If animals didn't want to be eaten they wouldn't taste so good.

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 months ago#46
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...

So they BOUGHT that infrastructure and OWN it. Who are you to tell them to do what they want to their OWN property? This isn't communist America and will never be.

the american taxpayer paid for most of that infrastructure. Twice. The ISP pocketed the grant the second time around instead of upholding their end of the deal.

Except they bought it, and own it now. Do you know what happens when you sell something? You don't own it anymore?

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 months ago#47
-GhosT- posted...
Why do you feel the need to defend mega-corporations picking customers' pockets, as well as your own?

I'm not defending any corporation in particular. I'm defending the free market and the right to your own property.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
4 months ago#48
tearast posted...
Voidgolem posted...
tearast posted...

Except they bought it, and own it now. Do you know what happens when you sell something? You don't own it anymore?

Repeat after me :
Public.
Utility.

Also nice job ignoring the entire rest of my post.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

Voidgolem
4 months ago#49
tearast posted...

do you know what happens when somebody pays for a service and then you don't give them that service?

Voidgolem
4 months ago#50
tearast posted...

I'm not defending any corporation in particular. I'm defending the free market and the right to your own property.

your own property consists of the roughly 4 billion some dollars that america paid ISPs in order to get them to make the network to begin with. And I might be missing some zeroes on that figure.

oh wait, that conflicts with your "they bought it" story. Oops.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived