This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't care about Net Neutrality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#151
lostsymphony posted...
tearast posted...
I don't waste my life complaining about not getting handouts on the internet.

I work hard, earn them, and get them myself.

Obviously there's a lot at stake here for you, you need the free stuff to get by since you're likely poor. So you cry for more taxes on people more successful than you or for the government to nationalize more products, so I can see why this debate online is important for you.

lmao the classic losers defense. You're the type of person that we invented "participation awards" for in school, yet you're the person that will go on tirades against them. (Also known as an idiot)

Yep, like all those people who benefit from multiple government programs, yet support trump dismantling all of them because "them dam liberals!!!" failing to realize that "dem liberals" are the ones pushing for the very programs that enable them/their families to survive.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#152
JustAndrew88 posted...
It's also pretty common that insecure men or boys with very little in the pants always go to "I make more money than you" as some sort of argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudnMLzZjTg
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Energist

Energist
2 months ago#153
tearast posted...
These Obama rules have only been in place since 2015, the internet was fine before without them for decades. Reddit is full of commies so it's no surprise they worship anti-innovation pro-government regulations.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."
- Frederick Douglass (R)

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
2 months ago#154
Energist, it would be fantastic if the ISP's were pro-innovation. HOWEVER, if you consider the facts:

1. They DESTROY COMPETITION.

They've been CAUGHT cutting competitor lines, they create 'zones' so that the major 3 ISP's can essentially seize monopoly over certain areas, they create legislative nightmares for other companies to grow.

2. They THROTTLE SPEEDS.

Netflix has shown time and time again that ISP's are faking Speedtest.net numbers, and so they came up with their own speedtest, Fast.com, because every american ISP was faking numbers.

Not just Netflix. The major american ISP's have been caught asking for ransoms for MANY companies to not get throttled.

3. They are NOT INNOVATING.

The american government, under Obama, put forward billions of dollars to ameliorate the infrastructure. (Quoted in this thread : 4 billion dollars.) What did the ISP's do? They did a complete fake-out. They didn't do anything with the money, pretended they were going to, and then just pocketed the money. Why would they want to innovate in a market they already control? AT&T, Verizon and Comcast are just splitting even the massive revenues of letting poor, bum-f*** county living people, pay for the only service they can get, living under the promise that they're going to make it better for them in the next years.

That's all entirely bulls***.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: sherudons

sherudons
2 months ago#155
Alisa posted...
Australia is vastly worse than the US tho internet wise.

Vast is an understatement wrapped in a used condom... throttled aus net wouldn't even register as a problem for us.. because hey, we rank amongst the worst in the world, 50-60th in the world ftw...
Former Meepo Of Gfaq.
Official Techies of Gfaq, sometimes it is not enough to watch the world burn.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
2 months ago#156
So these losers are just going to stop answering after they made false claims with nothing to back them up?

What else did I expect, really.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't care about Net Neutrality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived