This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming 1 month, everything was perfect until 1709 update, go back to PS4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming 1 month, everything was perfect until 1709 update, go back to PS4?

User Info: lorac94

lorac94
7 months ago#11
wildog2006 posted...
I had problems with my start menu and apps not opening. Two things I did that finally fixed the problem...

Disable fast startup
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Turn off Log in automatically after updates
Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options>Scroll down and disable "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart."

If you're having problems with the start menu not opening or apps freezing, try right clicking on the start button. It opens a right click dialog box that for whatever reason let the start menu open and it also forced the settings app to temporarily work.

thanks

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
7 months ago#12
good luck buying a computer with win7 at common/major retailers. you know microsoft is really trying to pimp 10 out. pretty sure they have a special goon squad to give free beatings to managers who still have stock of 7. after all 10 was free and it didn't help so free knee breaks might?

User Info: anonymous02135

anonymous02135
7 months ago#13
yeah, win 10 update ruin/myth bust 'pc master race>>console'. hello 'console>>pc master race'. unless you really need pc to do other stuff (and gaming), then dont need to get pc only for gaming. you can do most gaming on console to avoid nasty window 10 update. win 10 update sucks.

anonymous02135
7 months ago#14
rpgian posted...
good luck buying a computer with win7 at common/major retailers. you know microsoft is really trying to pimp 10 out. pretty sure they have a special goon squad to give free beatings to managers who still have stock of 7. after all 10 was free and it didn't help so free knee breaks might?

this, win7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> win 10 epic fail.

anonymous02135
7 months ago#15
MrSprings posted...
Maybe you'll not buy anything from Dell in the future then?

nothing to do with dell. it is s***ty win 10.

anonymous02135
7 months ago#16
lorac94 posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
lorac94 posted...
I got the Dell 7567 i5 7300HQ 1050ti 4gb back in November for $700.

Bought the Dell 7577 i5 7300HQ 1060 Max Q 6BG for $700 after price matching Cotsco's sale coming next Friday.

I downloaded the W10 1709 update and it totally ruined my PC. After constant reinstalling, the problems persist. The settings app freezes and the internet browser either don't respond or is extremely slow to react. Using my $200 chromebook from 2015 no problem. Anyways, I'm refunding my Dell 7567 since my purchase is still eligible for holiday returns. I was excited for my new laptop coming, but the idea that an update can easily ruin my experience is scary and aggravating. I wanted an all in one device to game, work, school, etc. But Windows seems unstable.

Damn man I am sad that you are not enjoying your 7577. :(

I have the 7567 and no problems on my end. I don't like Windows 10 also btw.

It haven't arrived yet. Coming on Friday. I love my 7567, nothing wrong with the system itself and I believe I'll enjoy the 7577 even more with the 1060, it's just Windows 10. My confidence with it shattered this week. Now, if I decide to stay with the laptop, I'll always feel like I will have an uncertain and unpredictable experience. All I do is game and browse so it's not like I'm downloading tons of programs and whatnot that will cause problems, its just the updates.

you will have uncertain and unpredictable and slow experience with all future window update. make sure do window backup and third party image backup with each successful window update. XD

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
7 months ago#17
I haven't had any major issues, just had to fix some of the incorrect drivers windows thinks it should install every time.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
7 months ago#18
Lol why did you download this then I just read the features and for the most part this is for the Enterpise groups it has almost nothing to do with the user base.

You messed up you pc on your own it's not Ma's fault, you should have waited to see if there were problems from others before you installed it.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
7 months ago#19
good_mangorush posted...
Maybe you'll not use Windows 10 in the future then?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: CELTEKK

CELTEKK
7 months ago#20
Pleb.
transcend8/23/15
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming 1 month, everything was perfect until 1709 update, go back to PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived