This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just upgraded from a 970 gtx to a 1080 ti

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just upgraded from a 970 gtx to a 1080 ti

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
4 months ago#21
YukitoRambo posted...
I for one know how to utilize a 1080ti over 970 specifically for Witcher 3.

HAIRWORKS.

Yes, it's resource-intense. Yes, it kills a lot of FPS.

You can turn everything to ultra AND turn on Hairworks, and still get fluid 1440p/60fps. And since I often come across furry beasts in my travels, it's actually more immersive to have global Hairworks on.

Or play at 144 fps.
Corsair RM750i | Asrock Z270 Killer SLI | i7 7700k 4.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp edition 11264MB | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz | Acer Predator XB241H

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
4 months ago#22
really? sorry to hear man. i just got my 1080ti ftw 3 yesterday and i put gta 5 to max setting / 1440p and was so excited.. it looked so amazing and the i could see the entire city and hundreds and hundreds of cars being driven throughout the city. was very cool. im loving my 1080ti.

my eyes cant tell a diff beteen 1440p and 4k so i just do 1440p so i can max settings and get higher fps.

User Info: giglamesh99

giglamesh99
4 months ago#23
I don't think those are good games to compare graphic cards with.

The witcher 3 is optimized extremely well with a 970, and I remember playing it maxed out on that card with everything enabled but hair fx except for geralt.

Battlefront looks extremely well on console, so I don't believe pc can enhance it all that much.

Future games should be a more telling difference if you compare. Like my old 670 makes witcher 2 look amazing and 970 doesn't change it much. Yet if I do the same on witcher 3, it's night and day.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 months ago#24
You know how there's bottlenecking in computer hardware? Your monitor is the bottleneck.

My buddy has the same problem. He splurged hard on the computer with a 1080ti card (one of those ibuypowers) but didn't get a new monitor, so he's been riding on a 1080p he's been using for years (so 60hz) and he was complaining about how little of a difference it was. Had him bring it over and plugged it into a 1440 and he was like "oh".

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#25
thelocalhentai posted...
You know how there's bottlenecking in computer hardware? Your monitor is the bottleneck.

My buddy has the same problem. He splurged hard on the computer with a 1080ti card (one of those ibuypowers) but didn't get a new monitor, so he's been riding on a 1080p he's been using for years (so 60hz) and he was complaining about how little of a difference it was. Had him bring it over and plugged it into a 1440 and he was like "oh".

He’s using a Rog Swift 279Q...
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.
My GPU is trash. :(

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 months ago#26
I would love a 1080ti for my 144hz monitors I could max out my fps on all games.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just upgraded from a 970 gtx to a 1080 ti

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived