This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Citizen, despite not even being officially released, is pulling in awards!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Citizen, despite not even being officially released, is pulling in awards!

User Info: Lady Une

Lady Une
4 months ago#1
http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/15/massively-ops-best-of-2017-awards-worst-business-model/
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub
Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nurururerorero

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
4 months ago#2
https://i.imgur.com/UGMf1Y7.gifv
I am not economically viable.

User Info: Dr_keith

Dr_keith
4 months ago#3
I thought Star Citizen was out in 2014?

And Squadron 42 came out in 2015.

Right?

*awaits SCDF to explain how every AAA takes twice as long as however long SC has been in development and how "If you really think about it" SC has only been in development for a couple years at most*
If you're worse than me: You're a n00b.
If you're better than me: You're a hacker.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#4
I've got zero issues with Star Citizen's business model. Mostly because they're not being deceptive in the slightest. If suckers wanna throw their money at it that's on them.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
4 months ago#5
Orestes417 posted...
I've got zero issues with Star Citizen's business model. Mostly because they're not being deceptive in the slightest. If suckers wanna throw their money at it that's on them.

They are being deceptive by saying the land they are selling doesn't offer any advantages over those who don't buy them. In reality, we all know large clans who've spent thousands between them will claim the best land before most people can make enough money for a single piece of land.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 months ago#6
So what is the point of owning land when it's a space sum game?
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 months ago#7
Apparently the new trend seems to be nominating unfinished games for awards. Gotta love the direction the industry is taking.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
4 months ago#8
The game is still in alpha. It's never going to release as long as they keep making money this way.
Jesus is Lord
Playing: Grim Dawn and Kotor

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
4 months ago#9
uptown710 posted...
Apparently the new trend seems to be nominating unfinished games for awards. Gotta love the direction the industry is taking.

When you can't even bother reading the last 3 words that make up the link provided.

Don't even need to click it to understand.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Citizen, despite not even being officially released, is pulling in awards!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived