This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgraded my PC. Reinstalled windows. One of my HDD partitions went missing. Help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgraded my PC. Reinstalled windows. One of my HDD partitions went missing. Help

User Info: Xa3r0x

Xa3r0x
4 months ago#1
So I have a 946gb partition that went missing when I was reinstalling windows. I checked disk management and I see it's there but I can't do anything with it. I tried using Minitool Partition Wizard and that didn't help either. How do I get this partition back?
i5-4670k @ 3.4 GHz | ASUS Strix 1080TI | GIGABYTE Z87 MX-D3H | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Corsair CX600 | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | 128GB Crucial M4 SSD

User Info: Xa3r0x

Xa3r0x
4 months ago#2
*746gb not 946gb
Screenshot : https://imgur.com/fROBmGd
i5-4670k @ 3.4 GHz | ASUS Strix 1080TI | GIGABYTE Z87 MX-D3H | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Corsair CX600 | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | 128GB Crucial M4 SSD

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
4 months ago#3
Looks like that partition is just outright gone. If there was data there before, you're going to need to use some sort of data recovery tool to get it back. However, I am not sure how you'd go about doing that myself, maybe someone else here does.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#4
Google "testdisk" and do some reading, it'll probably do what you need but explaining how to do it would take longer than I want to spend when other people have already written out tutorials. EaseUS partition recovery might be an option too but I've never personally used it.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 months ago#5
I normally disconnect my data disc when I install win10 (or any windows, I've had something happen that was similar to what happened to you.) just to avoid having the install decide to delete something. The good thing is you did have a different disc to install to.
I'm sorry you lost data from this. I don't think that should ever happen.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 months ago#6
You should not have lost any data, that is weird , but it does happen sometimes.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#7
Gonna have to use a data recovery tool like R-Studio maybe.
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.
My GPU is trash. :(

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
4 months ago#8
If you had any data there, I would advice just giving up on it if its not vital. I don't personally know anyone that used recovery software and ended up actually recovering their data. There's a huge chance that it would be just a waste of time.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#9
zxxcman posted...
If you had any data there, I would advice just giving up on it if its not vital. I don't personally know anyone that used recovery software and ended up actually recovering their data. There's a huge chance that it would be just a waste of time.

I have and for other people. The HDD that was affected wasn’t the one wherein Windows was loaded.
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.
My GPU is trash. :(

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#10
Maybe you should contact Minitool Partition support.

I have Ease Use Partition software and contacted support when I had problems installing the appropriate partitions on my hard drives when I added new ones and they were very helpful via chat with giving me advice.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgraded my PC. Reinstalled windows. One of my HDD partitions went missing. Help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived