This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help Please screen tearing issue on clone display

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help Please screen tearing issue on clone display

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
5 months ago#11
update:

i can confirm the TV and/ or cable is NOT THE ISSUE.

I set the 65 inch tv to primary display and then it reversed my problem lol.... the 65 inch had no screen tearing but my 40 inch screen did start to tear.

so apparently the issue seems to be..... if i try cloning my displays, the secondary monitor/tv seems to have screen tearing.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
5 months ago#12
iemerg_ posted...
mucloud posted...
Your tv is not a gaming monitor and does not have the capacity most likely to keep up. It's for watching tv which usually has a 30fps or lower.

Depends on your tv and the brand and what features it has just cause it's 1080p or 4k doesn't mean it's a good tv for gaming.

Granted some tv's are better it just depends on what you have. Monitors are ment for gaming that's why you have extra features and costs more.

Try enabling gsync or vsync on the games options. If that does not work try if you tv has a gaming mode turn that on.

What a load of BS... a 60hz TV and a 60hz monitor are basically the same thing. I don't know why you even post s*** here, 90% of the time its bs.

exactly the reason why i put that goof on ignore. and its more like 100% of the time its all bs. thats his gimmick around here. what a clown.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
5 months ago#13
im currently running 1080p @ 120hz over hdmi 2.0 on my sony x930e. its a pretty nice set. cant quite game out in 4k just yet until i upgrade my gpu

its alot better than this cheap old 60 hz 1080p hdtv i was using before, thats for damn sure. its nice to not have to cap my fps at 60 like ive had to do all these years. and most of my demanding games wont even go over 120 fps for me so i dont even have to bother turning on vsync.

ill still get tearing in menus in some games though when the fps shoots up into the hundreds or even thousands and i dont have vsync on. but thats pretty normal i would imagine

i dunno why ud be having issues tc? maybe just try running just to that one display. maybe use rivatuner to lock your fps to 58 if you think vsync isnt doing its job. ive never really ran into tearing issues until im pushing over 60 fps on my old tv, but thats just my experience. perhaps try updating your gpu drivers? is it doing it for every game or just a couple?

i have no real idea i cant really help you further. perhaps try running in borderless windowed mode?
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: HarryMaySin

HarryMaySin
5 months ago#14
ty all for the posts. i dunno the issue but i think its just nvidia software glitch/bug.

im gonna try using a 1 in 2 out hdmi splitter and see if that works.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help Please screen tearing issue on clone display

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived