This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's sad how underappreciated Just Cause 3 is for being so insanely hard

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It's sad how underappreciated Just Cause 3 is for being so insanely hard

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
7 months ago#31
If you're going to start a thread about failing to be a tryhard at an optional minigame that honestly isn't very difficult, don't get all up in arms and defensive when half the posts refute your point.

Or at least be more subtle about the subsequent bait. Unless you're serious. In which case I suggest slowing down on the whole throwing around baseless assumptions thing.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caidezes | http://www.goodreads.com/Caidezes | http://www.last.fm/user/Caidezes

User Info: Wutobliteration

Wutobliteration
7 months ago#32
thatfool12Gs posted...
Lmao @ insanely hard and Just Cause in the same sentence

I'm specifically referring to the challenges, but of cos a title gotta be clickbait to get posts like yours. Try getting 5 gears for all challenges and you'll find out. So far the only two people here that have actually tried can't say it's by any means easy either.

User Info: Wutobliteration

Wutobliteration
7 months ago#33
Sum_quod_eris posted...
If you're going to start a thread about failing to be a tryhard at an optional minigame that honestly isn't very difficult, don't get all up in arms and defensive when half the posts refute your point.

Or at least be more subtle about the subsequent bait. Unless you're serious. In which case I suggest slowing down on the whole throwing around baseless assumptions thing.

there's only two on this board so far that have played and given their take on it. DV8ingSources also admits some like this challenge is were difficult.
If you bothered reading through, you can see everyone else have not even tried to be able to have their say on the difficulty. It's not hard to not disagree about that.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
7 months ago#34
Some of those were very hard indeed and I usually gave them 3 to 5 tries before moving on, I got Just Cause 3 to blow s*** up not to play Superman 64.

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
7 months ago#35
why is it hard? are the controls that janky you can't control the character in a wingsuit? if so, then it isn't hard for the reasons you think TC.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
(message deleted)

User Info: Mackorov

Mackorov
7 months ago#37
First wingsuit challenge at beginning of game is actually hard when you are first trying to learn the ropes of the wingsuit. After that, most should be quite easy.
There is only about four wingsuit challenges I struggled with, all of them were in the northern region, snowy/construction area. Mountain Tour and Maxime Tour stands up there as the hardest. Wingsuit upgrades dont help in the challenges so it isnt the same as the car/boat/plane races when you can use the fastest vehicles in the game.

User Info: Mackorov

Mackorov
7 months ago#38
blackhrt posted...
why is it hard? are the controls that janky you can't control the character in a wingsuit? if so, then it isn't hard for the reasons you think TC.

controls is one of them. not that its bad but its tricky to master. the other is the environment. 3 key factors id point out

1. the red rings. these small circles are the only ones that'll net you enough points to get 5 gears. If you so much as miss one ring or 2 red rings completely, 5 gears is out of your reach.

2. the terrain. some challenges require you to fly extremely close to the ground while zooming down from a high steep cliff before pulling back up horizontally. When you combine this with an accelerating speed and unforgiving terrain like trees and high slopes, this maneuver needs the most skill. It's why some players, like the guy in the video, will try to slow themselves down halfway by purposely scraping the ground. It's quite risky if you do this and crash instead.

3. the turning points. wingsuit flying is easy if you're only flying in one direction. If the course requires you to make very sharp turns like dropping down or just turning sharply to the right or left while you're at a high speed, it can be very tricky.

4. the loading times. I don't know about PC but on consoles, the loading times are super long. If you have to keep retrying be prepared to waste lots of precious minutes watching a long loading screen.

theres lots of easy way-arounds for wingsuit challenges though. One common method is just U-turning when you are not 'pro' enough to hit all rings at once. The experts can make a perfect run of just flying through all red rings at full speed with no U-turning or cheating.

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
7 months ago#39
Should really get back to playing just cause 3. Though, I have more interesting games to play. Currently playing assassin creed origins.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
7 months ago#40
Most people don't even bother with these side tasks and if this was dark souls and you can't progress without beating that specific boss than most people would have their say on this whether it was easy or hard. Just cause 3 was quite boring apart from story missions and chaos.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. It's sad how underappreciated Just Cause 3 is for being so insanely hard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived