This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the good mech games out there now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the good mech games out there now?

User Info: Hypermass91

Hypermass91
4 months ago#1
I am a huge mech game fan, but Mechwarrior Online is just not doing it for me. I feel like the game is super grindy and repetitive.

Are there any other good mech games out there, prefferably not free to play?

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 months ago#2
MWO

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#3
Basically MWO.

If you like the BattleTech setting as a whole, keep an eye on this.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BattleTech/
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
4 months ago#4
Not much on PC ATM. If you go to consoles there is Armored Core, Zone of the Enders and Front Mission. ZOE2 is coming to Steam though.

User Info: Gridniron

Gridniron
4 months ago#5
Well it is kind of a sad state when MWO is the only thing people can suggest.

From the indie side, I know of Brigador which is top down, and MAV, which is more similar to mech warrior online. Both of these are pay to play.

Looking on the Steam list for mech games, there is not much in the way of traditional mech games. I would say from your 'traditional pilot a mech' game, you would be looking between Mechwarrior Online or MAV.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#6
Oh, and If you haven't played it (and like turn based tactics a la Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea) I highly recommend Front Mission 3 on PS1.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Hypermass91

Hypermass91
4 months ago#7
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, it's really sad the state of mech games on the PC.

I just can't stand to spend $20 for a single mech in MWO. I will check out Brigador and MAV. I am looking more for that pilot experince so I will likely pick up MAV since it's pretty cheap.

Is it on Steam?

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 months ago#8
xenoblade chronicles x on wii u

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 months ago#9
Hypermass91 posted...
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, it's really sad the state of mech games on the PC.

I just can't stand to spend $20 for a single mech in MWO. I will check out Brigador and MAV. I am looking more for that pilot experince so I will likely pick up MAV since it's pretty cheap.

Is it on Steam?

$20 is a pretty good deal. Other similar games in different settings like World of Warships have ships for $80-$200.

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
4 months ago#10
Hypermass91 posted...
I will check out Brigador and MAV. I am looking more for that pilot experince so I will likely pick up MAV since it's pretty cheap.

Do make sure to check Brigador out. It may not get you into the cockpit, but you can find yourself in some pretty intense shootouts all the same.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the good mech games out there now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived