This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nonviolent games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nonviolent games

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#31
VoightKent posted...
vlado_e posted...
Portal - a puzzle game.

you can die and destroy robots

I guess it's yet another where it depends on OP's definition of violence.

For the record, The Talos Principle would also have a similar problem, although in that game's case, you only have non-intelligent turrets and mines that can get destroyed. And technically speaking you don't even "die" if, say, you get shot by one but just rewind to the start of the puzzle.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 months ago#32
DynamicD posted...
Doki Doki Literature Club. It's literally a story where everyone gets a happy ending, the main character doesn't harm anyone..., and you'll be sad letting go of the characters

Bro. Don't do that to someone.
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Murderinc89

Murderinc89
4 months ago#33
Tetris

..pong

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
4 months ago#34
Yeah, the Wtiness and Talos Principle were both quite fun puzzle games. The DLC for Talos Principle was really good BTW. Road to Gehenna.
Edit: well, I hated all the Recording/Playback puzzles though. Such an annoying game mechanic to deal with.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 months ago#35
yars posted...
any racing and most sports games

Sports games are pretty dang violent what with tackling, high-sticking, and other behaviors, and racing games that allow you to crash or bump into other vehicles qualify as violent too.

That's not even getting into the violence inherent in any game that features internal combustion engines which are powered by violence incarnate. Even on a time trial race or in a street painting simulator you'd still have violence thanks to the inclusion of internal combustion engines, or infernal combustion engines as the global warming conspiracy theorists would call them.

SinisterSlay posted...
Technically hunniepop is nonviolent

Technically it is violent since you destroy blocks in the puzzle portion. :-/

Murderinc89 posted...
Tetris

Destruction of blocks is violence against geometric shapes.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 months ago#36
Myst series. LucasArts adventure games. Stay away from Sierra though-- very violent games.
... even on Earth Mode.
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC 4 months ago#37
pipebomb_phil posted...
Life is Strange

Forgot about the kidnappings, attempted sexual assaults and murders did you?
"Shut your filthy whore mouth."- AB
"But if I shut my filthy whore mouth, I can't use it to be a filthy whore. Does not compute." - TashaMK

User Info: old_school227

old_school227
4 months ago#38
Fallout 1 and 2 can be completed without violence, though theirs plenty of violence available.
https://i.imgur.com/YJLTedM.jpg

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 months ago#39
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...
Life is Strange

Forgot about the kidnappings, attempted sexual assaults and murders did you?

Pretty sure anyone who thinks LiS is non-violent haven't played it cause they think it's an SJW feel-good lesbian romp
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
4 months ago#40
Stop looking into steam games.

Get you a gamecube or wii and buy animal crossing (you can hit other NPCs with a bug net tho, hopefully no triggers).
Also, Tetris DS. Great game.
Rofl House
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nonviolent games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived