This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to permanently delete game from steam ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to permanently delete game from steam ?

User Info: Zangato

Zangato
4 months ago#31
Setzera posted...
I understand TC, I found myself in a similar boat where games affected me too much so I went to Steam support and removed almost all my games.

It was only a month ago that I learned even then you can just restore them. Which actually saved me some money because I wanted a few back. I don't think you can remove them any further unless you have someone else change your account password to take them from you.

Honestly, the thing I found works best for me is to set rules one at a time to see what works for you. For example I started with 10:30pm being my cutoff time, after about a week I'd add another rule based on my habits I want to change, such as taking a break every hour. I don't suggest making a big list of rules on day 1 because it's too easy to break one rule and then they all break.

I also play games that fit within my rules, not games that make me think "I can't do that with this game". The more you simply pay attention to your habits, the easier it is to put small roadblocks in the way, and sometimes that is enough to give you control back. Such as at 10pm, I want to game but I know I won't enjoy only 30 min, then I don't game that night and I'll go to bed early versus being up all night.

You can do it, you just need a way that works for you.

Wow thx for advice, much appreciated. Il try that

User Info: cancerquake

cancerquake
4 months ago#32
seek professional help

game addiction is real
boom

User Info: Neo1661

Neo1661
4 months ago#33
Zangato posted...
Nixemo posted...
You'd have to contact Steam support and ask them to do so and they might oblige.

How do i do that, i cant find onption to contact steam on personal issue, its just give me bunch of topics to chose.

You don't need to contact them. Click on "help" at top of the bar on steam client, click on steam support, type any game you want to remove in search bar, click on it and then it gives you option to delete/remove it from your account.

WalkingPlague posted...
I never understood why someone would want to permanently remove a game from their library.

Because people don't want games they will never play or don't like clogging it up? I delete games I have no interest in (usually games from bundles) or games I don't like.
https://goo.gl/vRAucu
http://i.imgur.com/51jBWDy.png

User Info: Darkside_Shadow

Darkside_Shadow
4 months ago#34
Click Library, then click game, then look at right side under "Links" click Support then click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account" then click remove.

If you do this. You have to rebuy the game if you ever want it back.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#35
Neo1661 posted...
Because people don't want games they will never play or don't like clogging it up?

Hiding the game is quite a lot simpler and faster than contacting support. So, yeah, it doesn't make much sense to go though all the extra effort for something so trivial.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
4 months ago#36
WalkingPlague posted...
I never understood why someone would want to permanently remove a game from their library.

Some games are that bad.

Others are good enough to buy again.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
4 months ago#37
Zangato posted...
Wow thx for advice, much appreciated. Il try that

🙂👍

User Info: Neo1661

Neo1661
4 months ago#38
vlado_e posted...
Neo1661 posted...
Because people don't want games they will never play or don't like clogging it up?

Hiding the game is quite a lot simpler and faster than contacting support. So, yeah, it doesn't make much sense to go though all the extra effort for something so trivial.

Again you don't need to contact support. It takes a minute to delete the game from your library.
https://goo.gl/vRAucu
http://i.imgur.com/51jBWDy.png

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#39
Neo1661 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Neo1661 posted...

Again you don't need to contact support. It takes a minute to delete the game from your library.

Versus a couple of seconds. Again, hiding is always simpler. The "I don't want to see this game" is already solvable easier, so deleting the game is still faster. The argument "it doesn't take much effort" doesn't make sense, since there is already a way to achieve the same result with less effort.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: bobthesnail900

bobthesnail900
4 months ago#40
What game is it?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to permanently delete game from steam ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived