This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to permanently delete game from steam ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to permanently delete game from steam ?

User Info: Zangato

Zangato
4 months ago#11
KaiRyusaki posted...
For some reason, games aren't "permanently" removed from your account.

But it's completely removed from your account. It's not in your library, not in your steam profile, no one will ever known it was in your library. You can even re-buy the game with actual money.

Is that not enough?

the point is that i can restore it back any time i want. And the problem that i have im addicted to the game and have no self control, spend all my time playing it and nothing elese, sleeps suffers, late work work constantly even friends and family goes to second place. The only thing i can do its to remove it completly from my account so that i can not get it back.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
4 months ago#12
I never understood why someone would want to permanently remove a game from their library.
#PCMR

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#13
Zangato posted...
im addicted to the game and have no self control

Join the military and they'll teach you self control (actually they'll teach you to be controlled, and later you get to do some of it yourself).

Seriously, if you have enough willpower to remove a game, then just keep it going and every day just say "I don't play that game any more". Or if you're exceptionally wimpy and need someone else to tell you how to behave, just have someone you trust change the password on your entire steam account... then you can make a new one, get your friend to put yourself as a "family member" and then share the games with your new account that you are allowed to play if you're a good little boy.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: ColdNemesis

ColdNemesis
4 months ago#14
WalkingPlague posted...
I never understood why someone would want to permanently remove a game from their library.

you don't understand? I delete War Z from my steam account, do I need to say more?

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 months ago#15
Zangato posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...
But it's completely removed from your account. It's not in your library, not in your steam profile, no one will ever known it was in your library. You can even re-buy the game with actual money.
Is that not enough?

the point is that i can restore it back any time i want. And the problem that i have im addicted to the game and have no self control, spend all my time playing it and nothing elese, sleeps suffers, late work work constantly even friends and family goes to second place. The only thing i can do its to remove it completly from my account so that i can not get it back.

How will you prevent yourself from creating a new account and buying the game on that?
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
4 months ago#16
Just cuff yourself, TC.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
4 months ago#17
Incendia_Intus posted...
Hexenherz posted...
It's always suspicious to me when people ask this. All I can think of is that TC is trying to get revenge on his brother.

Or it's some hentai game he's embarrassed of. Seems more likely.

If that's the case; embrace it. Be the dirty little fapper that you know yourself to be.

Or make an alt account on Steam to buy these games on and just keep it private.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 months ago#18
TC bought a weird sex game on Steam and is now worried his mom will see it.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#19
Zangato posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...

Is that not enough?

In all seriousness - get yourself some counseling. If you are that addicted to something, there is definitely some underlying psychological issue/something in your life you are trying to avoid by escaping into this game. If you don't address the underlying problem, you'll just become addicted to some other game/vice.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
The cranky hermit 4 months ago#20
KaiRyusaki posted...
But it's completely removed from your account.

How is that different from being "permanent"? I genuinely want to know.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to permanently delete game from steam ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived