This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Witcher games as easy to pick up and play like Fallout 3 ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Witcher games as easy to pick up and play like Fallout 3 ?

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
4 months ago#11
Definitely. Though there is a group of idiots who don't read the tutorials of the first game and claim it's crap because they can't figure out a simple mechanic. Pay attention to it and you'll have fun.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 months ago#12
VoightKent posted...
A lot of inventory management

That could be used to describe just about any Bethesda game from the perspective of the hoarder.

Supremo posted...

Fallout 4 is a much better game, and I didn't have any serious bugs like this happening to me.

Subjective experiences are subjective though. I just spent an hour redoing the same stuff in Fallout 4 4 or 5 times.

One do-over was caused by the flawed combat system in the game prematurely detonating a land mine thereby killing me because an enemy behind a locked door was "in range." Another do-over was caused when D***weed decided that he was going to waddle his little doggy ass over to that same door, open it up, free the ghoul, get his dumb self incapacitated, and watch as the ghoul killed me. Later on I tried to get him to open the door on command to make killing the ghoul easier, and he just ignored me.

The third do-over was caused when I'd gotten all that crap taken care of, nonchalantly decided that I didn't need to save and reduce my adrenaline bonus, this was on Survival, and promptly proceeded to go about my merry way until the game froze up as I was trying to use VATS. The fourth do-over was caused when I completely forgot about a radscorpion (why are they popping up in low-level areas of the game when my character is only level 6?) that promptly proceeded to kill me after I missed it with half a magazine thereby not killing it first.

Of all those only the last one is something I'd consider my fault.

Earlier tonight I almost died when I fell through a gap in the road while running along a skyway. A quick tilda followed by TCL saved the day. Now you might (not) be wondering how it's not my fault that I fell through the ground and why I'm playing on Survival if I'm using the console. Funny thing is that I couldn't see the hole in the road because there was a distant LOD texture "floating" on top of the road thus preventing me from seeing the holes. Restarting the game, and replacing the Bethesda texture files with reduced size files from Nexus, fixed that particular issue.

Hell, when I started my current Survival run I even disabled my console+fast travel mod because I was going to do it "pure." That resolve lasted all the way up until I hit Hippy Acres (Sunshine Tidings) and had the game crash before I could find so much as a sleeping bag to save my progress.

I quite enjoy Fallout 4, moreso than New Vegas which I did enjoy playing, at least up until how badly stealth got shafted in the DLCs killed my interest, but it is, for me, probably the single buggiest Bethesda title I've played since Daggerfall. Hell, I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that I'd probably have more bugs/issues with Fallout 4 after all its patches (and without mods) than I did with Skyrim at launch.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
4 months ago#13
Both FO3 and New Vegas have unofficial patches that fix all the bugs, so I don't know why people are complain.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#14
yeah except they don't fix all the bugs. nothing ever fixes "all" of the bugs
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
4 months ago#15
HorrorJudasGoat posted...
In FNV you are playing chess with the NCR, Legion, Boomers, Brotherhood, House, Caesar, Lanius and the Khans.

It's not that engaging though. I lost my interest about 55 hours in, a bit over level 20 IIRC, playing on Hardcore. I try to get back to it sometimes but lose interest again.

It's a good game, but when people said this was like a Holy Grail, this didn't meet my expectations at all.

While Fallout 4, heavily criticized by everyone, I could not stop playing until finishing the main story. Got about 200 hours in it.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

Kano92
4 months ago#16
yohabroha posted...

Fix's enough of them, to make them very playable not sure what you expected.
PC-WiiU-PS4

yohabroha
4 months ago#17
cool, that's not "all of them"
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

Kano92
4 months ago#18
I should also mention I played FFX for 20 hours, I didn't like it was too complicated and didn't like the turn base stuff. There was also some dumb grid thing where you connect dots. Also I never knew what to keep and to sell or what to combine together so annoying. Is there anything like these things I just mentioned in any of the Witches games ?
PC-WiiU-PS4

yohabroha
4 months ago#19
yeah if FFX was too complicated for you you probably shouldn't game

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#20
yohabroha posted...

Especially not Bethesda.

Heyoooooo!
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Witcher games as easy to pick up and play like Fallout 3 ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived