This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best rechargeable AA batteries to get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best rechargeable AA batteries to get?

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 months ago#11
This

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JHKSMJU/
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: TimeCapsule

TimeCapsule
4 months ago#12
SilentHawk29 posted...
This

alright bought them, thanks.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
4 months ago#13
FWIW: I can vouch for the 2100mAh Eneloops consistently lasting almost exactly 35 hours in a Bluetooth Xbox One X controller, before turning off. Mind you, that is without rumble while playing RPGs that don't really use it.

How do I come to this conclusion? Having only played a couple RPGs recently, my battery swap intervals have been right on the money at ~35h, lol. 27h of Neptunia vs. SHG+First 8 hours of Trails of Cold Steel, battery swap. Right at ~43 hours of Cold Steel, another swap. Then again when I passed about the 75-80h mark of Cold Steel. All according to Steam playtime, at least.

It's actually kinda funny how much like clock work it really has been since I bought those rechargeable a couple months ago.

A friend of mine with the higher-capacity (Black) ones says he gets closer to 50 hours out of a charge, under similar circumstances with a XBone Elite controller.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
4 months ago#14
TimeCapsule posted...
Any good charging stations? I don't need a large one just a 4 slot or even 2.

I picked up a package on Amazon last month that had 4 Panasonic Eneloops (get the ones rechargeable 2100 times, not the 500) and a small (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) charge station for around $17.

Really can't beat that, and they've worked awesome in terms of how long a charge lasts. I've been using them in my xbox 360 controller, and they usually last around 16-18 hours before I need to swap them out.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: gideond

gideond
4 months ago#15
cody4783 posted...
FWIW: I can vouch for the 2100mAh Eneloops consistently lasting almost exactly 35 hours in a Bluetooth Xbox One X controller, before turning off. Mind you, that is without rumble while playing RPGs that don't really use it.

How do I come to this conclusion? Having only played a couple RPGs recently, my battery swap intervals have been right on the money at ~35h, lol. 27h of Neptunia vs. SHG+First 8 hours of Trails of Cold Steel, battery swap. Right at ~43 hours of Cold Steel, another swap. Then again when I passed about the 75-80h mark of Cold Steel. All according to Steam playtime, at least.

It's actually kinda funny how much like clock work it really has been since I bought those rechargeable a couple months ago.

A friend of mine with the higher-capacity (Black) ones says he gets closer to 50 hours out of a charge, under similar circumstances with a XBone Elite controller.

Mine last about 24 hours with rumble enabled. Actually probably longer but when they start getting a little flaky I go ahead and swap out. The blacks last longer but are rated for far fewer recharge cycles so their useful life is not nearly as good. The standard white ones are the better buy.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

JoboHotep
4 months ago#16
gideond posted...
The blacks last longer but are rated for far fewer recharge cycles so their useful life is not nearly as good. The standard white ones are the better buy.

Definitely. I can see the pros or whatever they're called being great for like, photo flash power or whatever, but for gaming controllers, yeah, I'll take the ability to be charged 2100 times over 500 times any day of the week.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
4 months ago#17
I use EBL. You can get an EBL charger that comes with AA batteries for a lower price than you'll pay for a pack of Eneloop batteries.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 months ago#18
JoboHotep posted...
Definitely. I can see the pros or whatever they're called being great for like, photo flash power or whatever, but for gaming controllers, yeah, I'll take the ability to be charged 2100 times over 500 times any day of the week.

Had this argument already with another friend. 500 times... that is essentially over 10 years of life for me (50 hours a charge = 1 week easily)... and having an 8 pack of batteries, means your 2000 times for recharging is just obscene. I'll take the former every time as its more convenient to go 50 hours between charges vs 35.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

JoboHotep
4 months ago#19
NuclearHendrix posted...
I use EBL. You can get an EBL charger that comes with AA batteries for a lower price than you'll pay for a pack of Eneloop batteries.

Hmm, haven't heard of them. What's the quality like? When something is less than $20, it's really just a matter of quality at that point for me. So, if one product is $17, but is significantly better than another product that is, say, $13, I'll just spend the extra 4 dollars.

If EBL's are good quality at a significantly cheaper price than Eneloops, that's a no brainer, and great. I've just not heard of them, but have heard positive mentions of Eneloops for years. This is my first time using them, but so far, they're great.

DV8ingSources posted...
Had this argument already with another friend. 500 times... that is essentially over 10 years of life for me (50 hours a charge = 1 week easily)... and having an 8 pack of batteries, means your 2000 times for recharging is just obscene. I'll take the former every time as its more convenient to go 50 hours between charges vs 35.

For me, it really comes down to what you'll be using them for (the majority of the time that is, if you use them for more than one device).

I'll be honest, using them in an xbox 360 controller, my charge time estimate of 16-18 hours was intentionally low to be on the conservative side. In reality, it's probably more around 20-24 hours, I just wasn't absolutely certain, so didn't want to make that claim.

For the average amount of gaming I do in a week, that boils down to me changing batteries once in a week. With that kind of mileage, the four pack I bought should last years if they have a normal lifetime.

If you use a device significantly more than that, or a device that uses more power consumption, then yes, the higher capacity charge batteries would make more sense for you to use.

For a case such as myself, I use them in a low consumption device, and not super heavily, so the lower capacity, but higher amount of charge times makes more sense, as I'll still be getting the same amount of usage I would with the higher capacity batteries, with a longer usage lifetime.

The topic creator specified they want to use it in an xbox one controller, so I recommended the 2100's based on my own usage.

User Info: codman4

codman4
4 months ago#20
TimeCapsule posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...
This

alright bought them, thanks.

Just be mindful of charge times. I got Eneloop Pros a few weeks ago, and although they last a week or two, I have to charge them for 8 hours.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best rechargeable AA batteries to get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived