This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Company of Heroes 2 FREE on the Humble Store for the next two days

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Company of Heroes 2 FREE on the Humble Store for the next two days

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
4 months ago#1
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
4 months ago#2
Thanks
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Gundam Versus, Destiny 2, Warframe(PC), and Xcom Enemy Unknown.

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
4 months ago#3
OMG
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 months ago#4
Is this for steam or is the Humble thing another launcher?
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
4 months ago#5
mucloud posted...
Is this for steam or is the Humble thing another launcher?

It says it right on the page for the game.

"Company of Heroes 2 is provided via Steam key for Windows, Mac, and Linux. For key redemption, a free Steam account is required."
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
4 months ago#6
How safe is linking your humblebundle account with Steam? It said on steam that it is not affiliated with humblebundle.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 months ago#7
Terrorknight3 posted...
How safe is linking your humblebundle account with Steam? It said on steam that it is not affiliated with humblebundle.

I've had mine connected for years and had nothing weird connection attempts with my account (have two factor and email notifications on, since I have thousands of dollars worth of s*** in it).

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 months ago#8
damn i think that's the best free game they've offered yet . loved the first one . never played the 2nd one

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
4 months ago#9
thelocalhentai posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...

I've had mine connected for years and had nothing weird connection attempts with my account (have two factor and email notifications on, since I have thousands of dollars worth of s*** in it).

Ah alright.

How is the game though? Is it fast-paced like Starcraft 2? How is the learning for a noobie?

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 months ago#10
Terrorknight3 posted...
Ah alright.

How is the game though? Is it fast-paced like Starcraft 2? How is the learning for a noobie?
It's different. It's more like the original WH40K:Dawn of War. There are resource points on the map that make the game feel more like a tug of war rather than just destroying the enemy base (which obviously you still can do), you can build structures, and instead of individual units like in SC1/2, you get squads that do different things like an entrenchment team that can deploy to a heavy machinegun emplacement.

The learning curve can be a little daunting at first but once you get to the overall feel of it, you'll be naturally making strategies with the units.

Definitely worth a try if you are an RTS buff, Company of Heroes is one of the greater RTS franchises.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Company of Heroes 2 FREE on the Humble Store for the next two days

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived