This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I get tips on mount and blade warband?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I get tips on mount and blade warband?

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
4 months ago#1
I bought it for the ps4 if it matters.

I'm like 2 hours in and I'm not sure how to get stronger. I made 300 gold doing a bounty and got like 30 troops, but then lost them by some Calvary troop and was taken prisoner. I then had all my troops taken and lost a lot of my money.

Now I go into several villages and try to ask for a task to complete to get more gold, but nobody is giving me any tasks. How do I get more gold or more troops? I just want to join some big army and start laying siege to castles with them. Eventually, I want my own army and kingdom, but for now, I just want to join an army like I said and start murdering other kingdoms.

Appreciate any advice. Asking it here because nobody seems to even know this game exists on ps4 board.

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
4 months ago#2
Should have bought the pc version cause there's plenty of good mods to be played with . Just wait for winter sales and the game will be cheap on sales.

Anyway, as you are early in the game, fight with bandits to gain gold, experience and equipment, talk to faction lords and kings to get quests if villages don't offer you quest, also go to city and talk to the guild master to get quests.

You can also do trade runs (buy goods from 1 city and sell it on another city for profits), just google for the trade route.

Once you got enough quality troops, you can go ahead and talk to any faction king and sign up as a mercenary captain (the king will pay for your troops, but you'll never get any village/castle or city) or pledge as a lord (you'll get a village but you pay for your own troops, soon you'll get the chance to acquire village/castle or city). Once you done that, you can join in your faction various battle with other factions.

Once you have a lot of high tier troops, go ahead and rebel to create you own faction. You can do this by rebelling when the king refuse to grant you the castle/city that you have conquered. Or You can also tell the king you want to quit being his vassal and go on your own. You are then free to attack any castle/city and create your own faction.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#3
The arena is another good place to earn so early spending money, then join tournaments and bet on yourself.

Also i personally find swadian units the best. Stat wise their mounted unit is weaker than the seranids. But in every test I've done, the swadian spears and maces tend to make the difference and win the battle.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
4 months ago#4
Get nordic infantry and train them up to huskarls. It's gonna take a lot of time, but the shield wall you can make with them tanks cavalry like it's nothing. Also, remember that while fighting is fun, you might want to consider going into more supportive skills like leadership rather than personal fighting skills. Adding a few more people to the army is worth more than being able to deal 2 damage more with each hit.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Flamechamp2333

Flamechamp2333
4 months ago#5
I just did the arena actually. I killed 10 men and it said I only got 10 gold, though it may have said you got the gold plus a prize bonus of 10 gold; not sure.

I'll get leadership as well. What is the level cap? I'm level 3 right now. I've been putting points into strength and agility because I want to fight with my troops, not just stay in the back and watch.

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
4 months ago#6
Flamechamp2333 posted...
I just did the arena actually. I killed 10 men and it said I only got 10 gold, though it may have said you got the gold plus a prize bonus of 10 gold; not sure.

I'll get leadership as well. What is the level cap? I'm level 3 right now. I've been putting points into strength and agility because I want to fight with my troops, not just stay in the back and watch.

Join tournament, it's different from arena. Tournament rewards more money than arena. Just travel from city to city to see if there's a tournament. You'll need a certain renown or be a member of that faction to join tournament however.

Level cap is 61 i think. but when you reach level 40 it gets harder and harder to level.

You can buy and read books (found from seller in various taverns in city) to increase some of your stat/skills.

User Info: Coffee_Nurse

Coffee_Nurse
4 months ago#7
Get some slave drivers. They use blunt weapons, so it knocks enemies unconscious instead of killing them. You can take them as prisoners, and either recruit them, or sell them off for some good gold.
Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
http://isdmxinjail.com/ http://hemansings.com/

User Info: Neroon

Neroon
4 months ago#8
On a per-cost basis, shield sisters are the strongest units. So whenever you see bandits with female peasants as captives, attack the bandits and recruit their captives.

User Info: Pitlord_Special

Pitlord_Special
4 months ago#9
Early game I just roam city to city doing 3 things

Recruit the named companions in taverns (look up the companion chart and pick a compatible set, since some of them fight with each other and will drive one or the other away, so you can't just catch 'em all)
Trade goods for extra cash (buy low in appropriate cities and sell them in cities that offer a good price)
Fight in tournaments (though I save scum these, betting max and then reloading if I lose)

User Info: anonymous46773

anonymous46773
4 months ago#10
Start making business investments as early as possible. My first goal is to always get enough denars for a bakery early on so that I always have a constant flow of money. If you get lucky and get a collect taxes quest, you can take the money and run and that helps kickstart your character. Also, take prisoners and sell them to Ramun at Tihr since he gives 50 denars per prisoner, regardless of the unit.
The base of a lighthouse is ever dark.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I get tips on mount and blade warband?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived