This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Steam game cost you the most money?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Steam game cost you the most money?

User Info: bluemoogle

bluemoogle
4 months ago#41
Most spent on a single game was $80 for Anno 2205 with the soundtrack and season pass included. Gigantic waste of money, what a terrible game. The soundtrack wasn't all that great, either, and I never played all the DLC, so I really did not get my money's worth.

As for total cost spent over multiple purchases over a long time period, it would either be EU4 or CK2. They're pretty close in total investment, and together are probably over $200. Which is a lot of money, but also spent over several years, for literally 1000s of hours of gaming. Hard to say if that's a good value or not, but at least compared to Anno 2205, I feel like I got my money's worth.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
4 months ago#42
PUBG during the event thing with paid loot boxes. Spent $100, but made back $300 selling a mini skirt.
Mind the grue.

User Info: darkhouse999

darkhouse999
4 months ago#43
Payday 2, bought it at full price on launch and bought almost DLC at release. Got about 1000 hours out of the game before I stopped playing it. And one day I will probably go back. Just to many other things to play right now.
current PC, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKKv2R

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
4 months ago#44
Marvel Heroes

Free game but I probably spent 200-300 dollars on buying hero packs and costumes over the 3-5 years (can't remember how long) it was active.

Put over 200 hours into single characters so I don't really regret it (even though the entire game is dead now).
skull

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
4 months ago#45
Civ 6 - £35
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: btaylorstl

btaylorstl
4 months ago#46
Mine would have to be the Pinball Arcade; bought every Pro Season Pack over the years so it's definitely well into the hundreds of dollars. But spread out in chunks of $40 every 10 months to a year doesn't make it feel that expensive.
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11

User Info: squall567

squall567
4 months ago#47
Voidgolem posted...
DotA 2 or SMITE.

I make poor decisions.

VoidNoodle posted...
Probably NieR, since I bought it full price.

Although Dota 2 takes the cake in terms of how much I've dumped into it.

That makes 3 of us.
4690K@4.4Ghz\H110i GT\Z97-A\Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB@2133Mhz\GTX 1080\Seasonic X750\760T\MG279Q

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#48
Pretty sure I have never paid more than $60 USD at once, but I've also bought some DLC afterwards as well for a few games.

Maybe RB6 Siege then? I got it for around $50 near launch but have also bought the first two season passes for it.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Gojak_v3

Gojak_v3
4 months ago#49
tearast posted...
Crusader Kings II+all DLC at release=around $250
Europa Universalis IV is probably around $200 or something

This, probably spent more money on these two games than anything else. I've stopped though because Paradox DLC policy is cancer. I just can't do it anymore.
http://i.imgtc.com/rIZcfGBEt8.png

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 months ago#50
Defiance. I bought the basic game when it was super cheap, but then ended up wanting the Season Pass and found that the best way to get it without being ripped off was to buy a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition Box. So about $35 for the whole enchilada (including my redundant copy of the base game). The Hellbug figurine that came with it still has a place of honor atop my PC case.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Steam game cost you the most money?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived