This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rant: PUBG doesn't run because I have core temp installed.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rant: PUBG doesn't run because I have core temp installed.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
7 months ago#1
Core Temp is just a temperature monitoring utility.

https://i.imgur.com/AcuXPVI.png
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
7 months ago#2
Their cheat detection tool is a bit sensible, probably.

Contact them to explain that this is a harmless tool.
Red Diamond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUwltEBRrqs
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

zhenghan
7 months ago#3
MarceloSampaio posted...
Their cheat detection tool is a bit sensible, probably.

Contact them to explain that this is a harmless tool.

Already did, so that's why this is just a rant lol.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/125570-core-temp-being-blocked/

But if you can help back me up (+1 that it's just a temperature monitoring tool), would be much appreciated.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
7 months ago#4
Just use MSI Afterburner
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
7 months ago#5
I don't understand why people need to run temperature/framerate etc. monitoring tools at all time - if you've determined that your system/overclock is stable and you're not having performance issues, it seems pretty pointless/neurotic to me.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
7 months ago#6
Fan curves, unless you like your GPU overheating...
And if you don't have anything monitoring your hardware usage, how do you know if your system is even performing as well as it can? You could potentially not even be using your dedicated GPU and not even know it. There's a topic on this forum like once a month about that.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

zhenghan
7 months ago#7
JKatarn posted...
I don't understand why people need to run temperature/framerate etc. monitoring tools at all time - if you've determined that your system/overclock is stable and you're not having performance issues, it seems pretty pointless/neurotic to me.

I use it to determine if there's anything hogging CPU usage before I start a game. I have the MSI afterburner overlays in-game already, so don't need it for temperature/frame rate monitoring.

Task manager does the same thing so why do I use core temp? Because.....core temp loads pretty much instantly for me and is much better than ctrl+alt+delete and shows per core usage as well in terms of a %.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
7 months ago#8
JKatarn posted...

fan curves
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
7 months ago#9
there's nothing in this world that is impossible to understand, you're just dense or not trying hard enough.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

zhenghan
7 months ago#10
yohabroha posted...
JKatarn posted...

fan curves

For me, because based on the temperature shown to me by these overlays I can decide whether or not I need to clean my CPU HSF lol. But also it's just helpful to see CPU/GPU usage and frame rate etc...because why not? I just like to see this info while gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rant: PUBG doesn't run because I have core temp installed.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived