This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to tell if your gpu is dead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to tell if your gpu is dead?

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
5 months ago#1
https://i.imgur.com/HoYynF2.png
reinstalled driver
flashed the bios
tried different PCI slots
nothing seems to be working...

After reinstalling window and if it doesn't work its safe to assume it dead right?
It feels weird that I am getting this error after game glitched out and crashed the system once....
and mobo is still detecting it alive and kicking. It just seems like window is disabling it because of one crash...
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
5 months ago#2
Have you tried putting the GPU into another mobo? Perhaps the PCI slots aren't functional? I understand you said the mobo still detects which refutes my aforementioned suggestion, just for the sake of troubleshooting, I would try it.
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)

dennis941012
5 months ago#3
WalkingPlague posted...
Have you tried putting the GPU into another mobo? Perhaps the PCI slots aren't functional? I understand you said the mobo still detects which refutes my aforementioned suggestion, just for the sake of troubleshooting, I would try it.

don't have access to another one...
I never had problem with it for nearly 4 years, yet all of sudden after a crash nothing seems to be fixing it.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
5 months ago#4
Maybe try completely removing the drivers, with This: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Make sure the drives are completely removed in your Display adapters in Device Manager and try a fresh install from that.

If it shows up in Windows as something at all I wouldn't count it out yet.

dennis941012
5 months ago#5
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/graphic-card-not-working-after-windows-10-update/

found the culprit....

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
5 months ago#6
Artifacts, screen flashes, hard lockups and signal loss are the signs of a dying gpu.
This error 43 is something else.

I had this happen to me before and the culprit was the custom vbios i was using.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller
(message deleted)

dennis941012
5 months ago#8
is there a way to revert MS update?
I can't find any near restoration point =/

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
5 months ago#9
Windows 10 has been a mess. Why can't we just stick to Windows 7 forever. :D

User Info: juscallmeehx

juscallmeehx
5 months ago#10
Terrorknight3 posted...
Windows 10 has been a mess. Why can't we just stick to Windows 7 forever. :D

I'm waiting until 2020 when they fully drop Windows 7 support. Hopefully by then they have had fixed all the kinks with Windows 10.

I'm only really missing out on Direct X 12, but I'd rather miss it out than deal with all the other crap.
It's not the hardware in your hands that matters, but the software in your hearts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to tell if your gpu is dead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived