This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about new system which wont turn on

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about new system which wont turn on

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
5 months ago#11
Maybe the gtx 1030 card:
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT-1030-2G-LP/dp/B071L4VKF6
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Goodziilla

Goodziilla
5 months ago#12
Thanks for the responses, a few questions:

1.) What is it about ryzen processors that scale better with faster memory? edit: never mind, just googled it, Infinity Fabric is interesting.

2.) I may look into the 1030, it isn't the greatest but at least it's a 10 series card, anyone else have opinions?

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
5 months ago#13
Any Geforce 400 or HD 7000 card will be fine if it's just about getting an image on the screen. If they're prepared to buy used, there should be alot of cheap older cards available.

If it must be new, the suggested GTX 1030 will do. If gaming is ever considered, GTX 1050 is the minimum one should get. Netflix' 4k requirement is also a GTX 1050 or higher with at least 3GB VRAM.

The good thing with graphics cards is that they're easily replaceable in the future.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
5 months ago#14
Ciera posted...
If you are running a media server consider making headless. Put the server in a closet, connect it to 1Gb ethernet, then run Plex or Kodi on it and have it serve every screen in your house. For the cost of the video card you can pickup a Roku Premiere which would do the job of running client perfectly for your main TV. And you would have the ability to access all your media server content on your phones and tablets via browser or app.

How’s he going to see to set it up? Can you do it 100% blind from first boot to finish?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
5 months ago#15
He said he already has a 6450 (and OBV). Good enough to get through installing your favorite distro and Plex. Then shove it in a closet.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: Goodziilla

Goodziilla
5 months ago#16
I'm planning on making the virtual machines locally accessible, suppose that means I'm headless yay!, but the physical system will be in a regular room. Just looking into the options for a GPU which would help the system.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 months ago#17
1. Your problem is the integrated GPU AND does not have one on there CPU.

Find a cheap one online a low profile one should do just fine.

Go with a GTX 1050 ti it does not have to be a low profile one they are cheap enough.

After you install the GPU you should be ok.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 months ago#18
Ciera posted...
He said he already has a 6450 (and OBV). Good enough to get through installing your favorite distro and Plex. Then shove it in a closet.

Oh then he needs to check the stanoffs sometimes they short the MOBO, when they do not align.

If that does not work.

2. Check your CPU to see if any pins are bent.

3. Check your thermalpaste if you apply too much it will not work.

4. Check the GPUs pcie slot sometimes they arrive dead seat it to the other pcie slot.

5. Check your RAM, start with 1 stick and turn it on and see if that works then try the others.

6. Your PSU could be defective check it.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
5 months ago#19
Goodziilla posted...
Just looking into the options for a GPU which would help the system.

doesn't really matter if you won't be sitting and using that machine most of the time. remote desktop doesn't use the add-on gpu, neither does remote vm, nor media server software like plex or kodi.
I'll... shave that cat.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about new system which wont turn on

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived