This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whoopsies... Crytek suing CIG/Star Citizen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whoopsies... Crytek suing CIG/Star Citizen

User Info: trooth

trooth
4 months ago#31
lmao, Chris Roberts scamming Crytek.
Scam s***izen continues to be a laughing stock.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 months ago#32
I thought Crytek filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. And I assume CIG is going to defend the suit by saying they switched to Lumberyard so they didn't have to do any of the Crytek contractual obligations.

Its obviously a cash grab though, I can see an out of court settlement to just make the issue go away. CIG is sitting on more than $100 million of kickstarter funds, I am guessing this suit is a splash in the bucket for them, but then again I doubt the game is ever going to be released and CIG will sell more ships and space suits to cover expenses.

Eventually I see Chris Roberts and CIG giving up, not finishing the game, and just releasing the assets they have - like Bohemia did with Day Z
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#33
Hagan posted...
I thought Crytek filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. And I assume CIG is going to defend the suit by saying they switched to Lumberyard so they didn't have to do any of the Crytek contractual obligations.

Its obviously a cash grab though, I can see an out of court settlement to just make the issue go away. CIG is sitting on more than $100 million of kickstarter funds, I am guessing this suit is a splash in the bucket for them, but then again I doubt the game is ever going to be released and CIG will sell more ships and space suits to cover expenses.

Eventually I see Chris Roberts and CIG giving up, not finishing the game, and just releasing the assets they have - like Bohemia did with Day Z

Oh they'll counter sue for costs and damages. They'd be stupid not too. This could have been handled outside of court but crytek wanted to make noise and steal some money. So they went right to lawsuit. And now they should be punished.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#34
Hagan posted...

Switching to Lumberyard didn't nullify their contract, and the main issue seems to be that they continue using CryEngine 3 assets after switching. Not that they switched engines.

Oddly, the evidence is supposedly supplied by CIG themselves via their bug testing videos they post. CryTek claims you can clearly see the CryEngine 3 UI/source code in some of the videos.

This sums up most of it:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/crytek-are-suing-cig
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 months ago#35
SinisterSlay posted...
Hagan posted...

Oh they'll counter sue for costs and damages. They'd be stupid not too. This could have been handled outside of court but crytek wanted to make noise and steal some money. So they went right to lawsuit. And now they should be punished.

Maybe, litigation is a huge time sink more than anything else, and when you have a corpse company like Crytek trying to come after for every penny they can get their hands up, don't expect this matter to go away any time soon.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whoopsies... Crytek suing CIG/Star Citizen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived