This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whoopsies... Crytek suing CIG/Star Citizen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whoopsies... Crytek suing CIG/Star Citizen

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#11
tearast posted...
Lmao Crytek butthurt they aren't using their s***ty engine. Times change, companies move on. Get over it.

Except they are.

And yes, there is some duality to that statement.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 months ago#12
Orestes417 posted...
tearast posted...
Lmao Crytek butthurt they aren't using their s***ty engine. Times change, companies move on. Get over it.

Contracts, they're a b****.

Any honorable game dev would let Robert use whatever engine he wanted to maximize his game's potential to give everyone a better product. But it's obvious that Crytek aren't true gamers and don't give a s*** about revolutionizing the game industry and playing a better game themselves.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#13
tearast posted...
Any honorable game dev would let Robert use whatever engine he wanted to maximize his game's potential to give everyone a better product.

Dude, that's totally how companies work! Screw profit - let's just do everything we can to make sure the consumers get the best possible product! Hey! Why don't you start a company with that philosophy and show everyone else how to do it? Ignore the fact that if you dump the money it takes into something to make it absolutely the best possible, it will likely be too expensive for anyone to afford, or else you're going to lose money... But you'll be making the industry better, so your sacrifice is worth it.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

tearast
4 months ago#14
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...
Any honorable game dev would let Robert use whatever engine he wanted to maximize his game's potential to give everyone a better product.

Dude, that's totally how companies work! Screw profit - let's just do everything we can to make sure the consumers get the best possible product! Hey! Why don't you start a company with that philosophy and show everyone else how to do it? Ignore the fact that if you dump the money it takes into something to make it absolutely the best possible, it will likely be too expensive for anyone to afford, or else you're going to lose money... But you'll be making the industry better, so your sacrifice is worth it.

Did I say that's how companies work? I said that's how honorable true gamers work. Which Crytek, as I said, obviously aren't.

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#15
tearast posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...

Did I say that's how companies work? I said that's how honorable true gamers work. Which Crytek, as I said, obviously aren't.

Well, obviously Crytek is not a true gamer, considering Crytek is not a person at all, but a company. Maybe you were confused what Crytek was?

I assume you're not an honorable true gamer either? Or is there something significant you've self-sacrificed to make the gaming industry better?

tearast
4 months ago#16
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...

Well, obviously Crytek is not a true gamer, considering Crytek is not a person at all, but a company. Maybe you were confused what Crytek was?

I assume you're not an honorable true gamer either? Or is there something significant you've self-sacrificed to make the gaming industry better?

Crytek runs itself? People don't run it? I see.

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#17
tearast posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...

Crytek is a company. A company, by definition, is not a person. Companies exist to make money. Now take that little bit of information, and re-read my initial response to your suggestion, still quoted above for your convenience.

tearast
4 months ago#18
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
tearast posted...

Crytek is a company. A company, by definition, is not a person. Companies exist to make money. Now take that little bit of information, and re-read my initial response to your suggestion, still quoted above for your convenience.

People don't run companies. Got it.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#19
I wonder if Amazon will defend them.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#20
SinisterSlay posted...
I wonder if Amazon will defend them.

Amazon doesn't really have a stake in it as best I can tell.

The issue isn't that CIG switched to Lumberyard, but that they switched and kept using CryEngine 3 assets beyond their contract and/or without adhering to the original agreement for using said assets.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whoopsies... Crytek suing CIG/Star Citizen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived