This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DS4 controller not connecting through bluetooth with DS4windows.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DS4 controller not connecting through bluetooth with DS4windows.

User Info: refmon

refmon
4 months ago#1
My computer recognizes the controller through pairing and It works just fine through a usb connection but it just doesn't show up through DS4windows.
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
4 months ago#2
a friend of mine had this problem and this video helped. also a few of the comments in the vid offer some more critical information to this problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744

OMG I FOUND OUT .. i think i did anyways, I THINK I FOUND OUT HOW TO MAKE IT STAY "INSTALLED" WITHOUT HAVING TO GO THROUGH ALL THE TROUBLE THIS GUY WENT THROUGH!!! ( I looked for this video the past 5 minutes just to tell all of you!!! ) Um okay so you know when your s*** installs onto ur PC right and then ur PS4 controller turns off? And then you being dumb like you are hits the PS button to turn it back on makes it UNINSTALL from the PC? WELLLLLLLLLLLL THE KEY IS... ONCE IT INSTALLS AND THE PS4 CONTROLLER TURNS OFF, DON'T HIT THE PS BUTTON!!! JUST HIT AND HOLD THE PS BUTTON AND THE SHARE BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME FOR LIKE 2 - 3 SECONDS TIL IT STARTS THE "DISCOVERY" MODE! IT ACTUALLY ENDS UP CONNECTING TO THE PC AND DOES NOT UNINSTALL ITSELF LOL!! yayyyyyyyy!!

I know this video is kind of old now, but for anyone who is still having issues with having to go through these steps every time you turn your DS4 on, I discovered that on the latest version (1.4.40), holding the PS button and Options to turn the controller off instead of holding the PS button for 10 seconds allowed my controller to turn back on seamlessly without having to go through these steps every time. I hope that helps!
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. DS4 controller not connecting through bluetooth with DS4windows.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived