This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PC build, computer just suddenly restarted itself

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC build, computer just suddenly restarted itself

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
4 months ago#31
section 6-4 led error codes:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z370-aorus-gaming-7_e.pdf

if you aren't getting it to post to the point where you get an led error code then you shouldn't suspect the memory to be at fault.
you should be treating this as a power issue. and since this is a new build then a short is a real possibility.
when someone posted 'start over' they weren't far from the truth. you should pull the mobo and test it with no ram and no accessories on a workbench with just a psu.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: Rraawwrr

Rraawwrr
4 months ago#32
I had encountered the same problem on my last build and the culprit is a faulty 24pin extension. Definitely try to borrow someone's PSU.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#33
Heads up: only times I've seen this, the motherboard or PSU died.
Were you using a surge protector? Does unplugging it from the wall for a while make it flicker again and then stop responding at all again?
If it flickers and then stops and replugging it helps, it's probably a dead PSU. It's likely something inside of it failed(defect? maybe a short?) and it's shutting it's self off to prevent damage. You probably shouldn't poke it too much, as it may be briefly feeding bad power into your board.
It could also be that the board popped somewhere, as I've had that happen with very similar symptoms to a motherboard that I put the wrong kind of RAM into.

Also, it's worth unplugging everything from the motherboard and then plugging it back in.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
4 months ago#34
iemerg_ posted...
pyromania86 posted...
iemerg_ posted...
pyromania86 posted...
iemerg_ posted...
pyromania86 posted...
zhenghan posted...
PC gods decided your build is bad and is punishing you for it xD

Pretty much this. You got so much flak for this build and now are having issues. But honestly it's likely either your cpu needs remounted or a bad ram stick.

he got flak for picking an i3 for emulation, that doesnt mean its a bad build.

It is a bad build for the money spent. If you disagree with that then you need more experience. For $1400 he could have got a much better PC. No need to explain this to most.

Your PC is also a bad build for money spent... a 6700K but a 480, Crappy Hybrid Hard drives that aren't any faster than a regular one, 2 ssd's and peripherals that could have gone into a better card.. The list goes on, I'd buy his build before yours anyday for the same money spent. Who are you to say whats good and bad? I read his other thread and for 4K emulation his build is pretty solid for the money spent, just because hes not aiming to play AAA titles in 1080p/2k doesnt mean his build is bad. I build PC's for a living, I've probably built more rigs in a year than you have in your life.

Judging by your responses to his threads and how angry you are about his build shows you are an immature child. Stay back and take notes from the experienced builders and keep your little trap shut.

Wow. You are insecure. Well thanks for proving my point. You don't know when I built my PC. And many of the parts came from various other custom builds I've done. Sshd is faster and I have one in all 3 of my rigs. I've been building computers since 2003. But obviously you know me and are better than me because you do it for a living. Ps I spent way less on my build than tc. Let you mother know you need to see your therapist again.

SSHD's are garbage regardless of your claims, it's been proven. Doesnt matter when or how you made your build it's no more budget/performance oriented than his is so keep your trap shut.

Agreed. Stay away from SSHD's.
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#35
Thanks for all the help, guys.

https://i.imgur.com/v6gtk0w.jpg

My friend came over and put his ram in my computer and it booted. We then tested my ram again after that and suddenly it's working again.

Which is weird because the first thing he did was try turning it on with my memory in and it was still not booting. So it wasn't simply time that solved the issue.

I'm not sure what suddenly made it work again, but I'm not going to complain.

I've got the memory back up to 3600MHz with XMP profile. I'm going to update the Intel drivers. If this issue starts happening again, I'll try reducing the RAM speed.

EDIT:
He DID try pushing all the cables, so that COULD have made a difference, but Im not sure.
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#36
I just downloaded the Intel driver utility and it says no updates available.

But it says the current voltage is 1.7. Is that normal? I've always heard CPU voltage should be something like 1.5 at stock.

I have not overclocked, and the BIOS had actually just been reset when I pulled the CMOS battery earlier. The only change was the memory XMP profile.

https://i.imgur.com/V5Gsd5z.jpg
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#37
I'm doing a memory stability test with Memtest64 v1.0

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
4 months ago#38
Seems to be way too high voltage for stock cpu speeds and is your mobo bios up to date?

Running at 1.7v is just asking for trouble and only intended for extreme overclock, like 5 ghz for the cpu. Your mobo is a lower end z370 one, so i dont think it can handle such voltages for too long before breaking something.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#39
Pelaaja82 posted...
Seems to be way too high voltage for stock cpu speeds and is your mobo bios up to date?

Running at 1.7v is just asking for trouble and only intended for extreme overclock, like 5 ghz for the cpu.

I'm not sure why it would be doing 1.7v. It's still stock clock and I have not done anything in the BIOS besides enable RAM XMP 3600 speed.

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#40
Memtest64 V1.0 has been running for 10 minutes now and done 11 loops. I set 25GB pagefile for this testing (restarted computer).

Still no errors detected. Is this good enough to say the memory is stable? Do I need to test longer?

And what should I use to test CPU stability?

EDIT:
The CPU is hitting 57C at peak with this test.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC build, computer just suddenly restarted itself

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived