This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PC build, computer just suddenly restarted itself

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC build, computer just suddenly restarted itself

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#1
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GoldenSun3DS/saved/F76KZL

I've had it on mostly full-time since 5AM (1:31PM now) doing basic setup stuff like installing antivirus and games. All of a sudden, it just shut off and restarted.

I got back into Windows and then it shut itself off once again within a minute, so I turned it off and unplugged it.

It was working fine for awhile, so any ideas why it would suddenly start shutting itself off?

EDIT:
The restarts were while in Windows at the desktop screen.
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
4 months ago#2
Maybe it was an update, windows 10 does that.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#3
First thing you should do is check event viewer to see if it gives you any sort of useful error code.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 months ago#4
Orestes417 posted...
First thing you should do is check event viewer to see if it gives you any sort of useful error code.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#5
Now it won't turn on at all. I had a flashlight focused on the PSU fan, and it moved a tiny bit, but shut off immediately and now won't turn on.

I can't get to the event viewer because now it won't turn on at all.
4K, i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 MB, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, Seasonic F+ 650W PSU, Thermalright 140D, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#6
PC gods decided your build is bad and is punishing you for it xD
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#7
I actually just got it to turn on again (changed outlets) like the previous time: case fan's blue LED turns on for a fraction of a second and then it shut off.
It's failing to turn on at all again.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#8
Double check your cabling and your part installations. In particular make absolutely sure your HSF is installed and functioning properly and check for ground faults.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
4 months ago#9
Make sure your CPU is properly installed and not getting too hot.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
4 months ago#10
zhenghan posted...
PC gods decided your build is bad and is punishing you for it xD

Pretty much this. You got so much flak for this build and now are having issues. But honestly it's likely either your cpu needs remounted or a bad ram stick.
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB | G910/G502
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC build, computer just suddenly restarted itself

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived