This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There is a lot of fear mongering by net neutrality supporters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There is a lot of fear mongering by net neutrality supporters

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
5 months ago#21
You say it's fear mongering but countries already offer packages like that when it comes to mobile phones, what's to stop them offering the same to broadband. Do you know how much data Netflix and YouTube takes?

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
5 months ago#22
Nixemo posted...
I agree OP and I will be laughing with you when nothing significant happens upon its repeal. The internet nowadays deserves to die anyway, no great loss either way.

and yet here you are, lolzz

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
5 months ago#23
Nixemo posted...
I agree OP and I will be laughing with you when nothing significant happens upon its repeal. The internet nowadays deserves to die anyway, no great loss either way.

So edgy!

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
5 months ago#24
Gojak_v3 posted...
Yer literally trying to cook up the worst case scenario possible.

Probably because the worst case scenario often has a habit of becoming a common thing. Just look at all the conservatives throughout history and things like ankle-length dresses, knee-length dresses, mid-thigh skirts, female bathing suits that left hands, feet, and heads uncovered, bathing suits that showed knees and forearms, bathing suits that showed thighs, bathing suits that showed waists, sodomy, oral sex, homosexual sex, homosexual marriage, the advent of the "nuclear family," a (relatively) black man in office as president of the US, and many other occurrences were all worst case scenarios at some point, came to pass, and became common place enough that most folks gave up complaining about it.

We can see a similar process in action with "fee2pay" AAAcce$$ games going on right now where one or two companies push the limits until consumers snap, everyone jumps back for a bit, and then more "moderate" companies start treading a little back into what used to be dangerous territory, making more permanent gains in terms of consumer concessions to formerly unreasonable business practices, because the consumers fought the good fight and either don't notice or care that they're losing ground against publishers again.

All things considered, the worst case scenario should be the first case scenario looked at for a great many things in life. Without a good appreciation for just how badly things can go wrong you cannot fully grasp the steps necessary to make it go right.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
5 months ago#25
Marikhen posted...
and many other occurrences were all worst case scenarios at some point, came to pass, and became common place enough that most folks gave up complaining about it.

What are you even saying?
It's like...you're trying to thin-end-ofthe-wedge this but using things like homosexuality and women not being allowed to wear things that show their legs off (somehow comparable, I'm not going to try to work out why) as an example of "If we allow this, then everything will go to hell!" and then didn't.

And then you give an example of fee2pay games as an example of when "If we allow this, then everything will go to hell!" actually *did* happen.

Unless of course if your point in the first paragraph is "We said all of these things would lead to a bad end and LOOK WHERE WE ARE" in which case...erm...go back to the 1920s?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: BlazBBQ

BlazBBQ
5 months ago#26
Large companies actively engaged in censorship right now - Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Google - are warning us about the net neutrality repeal for fear of..........censorship.

Can’t make this stuff up.
Tha anti-myth rhythm rock shocker...

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
5 months ago#27
Gojak_v3 posted...
Let's not forget net neutrality has only been around since 2015.

You are a schmuck and a liar and should not be acting like you have any idea about any of this.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
5 months ago#28
@Gojak_v3

Come back and make more of a fool of yourself, It's funny.

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
5 months ago#29
TC is disappeared. I think his trolling works...

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
5 months ago#30
This is an issue that I couldn't care less about. It's basically a bunch of whiners complaining that the rules for their precious luxury (not necessity) are changing.

If using the internet gets too expensive for you, cancel your service.

If I have to start paying more to the ISP to use Netflix I'll quit using it. I'd rather watch DVDs anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There is a lot of fear mongering by net neutrality supporters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived