This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which CPU when building a new PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which CPU when building a new PC?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
5 months ago#21
zhenghan posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Iceman83 posted...
I'm leaning toward the i9 to "future proof" in a sense. I want this system to last at least 5 years before I do a major upgrade.

CPUs tend to be the components that last the longest, thank goodness too, since a CPU upgrade usually means a new build just about.

yes this is true, gives me a headache just thinking about how to upgrade the CPU in my machine xD. probably gonna replace the whole thing except for the video card, hard drive, sound card, and wifi card. you can't even keep the case in my case since it's so old it will need a new bracket for SSDs and it's not even compatible with USB 3.0 for the front panel.

the good thing is I think I can keep it for this console generation still since they're using a tablet CPU in the consoles.

edit: on second thought, probably better to start over with a new hard drive as well. 1TB is too small these days =/

Mine is a 6700k so I won't be able to upgrade the CPU unless I want to replace the mobo, and possibly RAM as well. Getting a 7700k is redundent to uprade to.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which CPU when building a new PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived