This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Okami HD

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Okami HD

User Info: GeseztKatze

GeseztKatze
5 months ago#21
cody4783 posted...
As someone chugging along through the lengthy VN that is Cold Steel right now...I REALLY wanna know if there's a Turbo or similar option in Okami before I even think twice about getting it.

I've never played it on the original release platforms, but I've heard it goes on just a bit too long by the end and would prefer to have a speed up option to aid in that.

Because...Well damn Cold Steel is a long game, and I've got a couple other things lined up behind it. Can only take so many 100-hour games in a year, lol.

Nah, it's pretty big, around 40 hours to complete and I don't think it has a "turbo" mode. It may take 25+ hours or more if you particuarly deliberate in advancing or a completionist.

Just for comparison, in my first playthrough, back in the PS2, it took me around 60 hours to complete. I was sad when it finished though. It's a really good game.
I should really start finishing the phrases I...

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
5 months ago#22
Took me about 50 hours the first time through on ps2... I enjoyed every bit of it. Sometimes a text heavy rpg does become a bit much, but okami is mostly gameplay. IF you like the game, I doubt you'd ever feel like the length of the game was an issue.

As for me, I will definitely get it when I feel like playing it again.... which probably won't be too long. It is one of my fav games after all.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: iPWNtheNoobs

iPWNtheNoobs
5 months ago#23
Think it will go on sale during the winter sale? Looks like I'm hearing some good things about this game in this thread.
Space Waster

GeseztKatze
5 months ago#24
iPWNtheNoobs posted...
Think it will go on sale during the winter sale? Looks like I'm hearing some good things about this game in this thread.

It's fairly early to be on sale in my opinion. I'd be very surprised.
I really should start finishing the phrases I...

GeseztKatze
5 months ago#25
Bleu_Skie posted...
Took me about 50 hours the first time through on ps2... I enjoyed every bit of it. Sometimes a text heavy rpg does become a bit much, but okami is mostly gameplay. IF you like the game, I doubt you'd ever feel like the length of the game was an issue.

As for me, I will definitely get it when I feel like playing it again.... which probably won't be too long. It is one of my fav games after all.

What do you usually play Bleu_Skie? And what are you playing right now?
I really should start finishing the phrases I...

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
5 months ago#26
I play pretty much every genre. My steam is in my sig, so you can see most of the stuff I play. I was playing some osu before I wrote this out tho.

I don't have many favorite games, but okami has a spot on that list for me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: jay2101

jay2101
5 months ago#27
I think the PS3 remaster looked better.

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
5 months ago#28
Already bought it. Port seems fine, don't really care about the 30FPS lock for this game.

Minigames are back! You have to enable it in the settings though.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
5 months ago#29
I bought it and played some already. I played it back on the Wii. I think the first part of the game is really slow and boring-ish, but by the end of the game, it's really amazing. I have the soundtrack on CD.

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
5 months ago#30
Gah, did my part in grabbing the Wii version on release week (and will disagree with most everyone about the controls, mostly fine), and I don't think I'll dip. Anyone who has put it off, though, $20 is pretty good. It's too long and often too easy if you use healing items as readily as you can usually get them (anyone wondering with 3D Zelda's don't let you pile on the on potions will find their answer here!), but fun and pretty as such that you won't care. Does not take itself too seriously either. The Zelda design comparisons are definitely warranted, but you play with the environment and fool around in fights with many of the brush techniques much more freely than you can with Link's typical loadout.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Okami HD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived