This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cameltoe discovered in PUBG. SJW's outraged and call for it's removal.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cameltoe discovered in PUBG. SJW's outraged and call for it's removal.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#151
Dyshonest posted...
Misused that's the term. Otherwise, SJW refers specifically to the slacktivists like Anita Sarkeesian and others who don't actually do any real activism for their "cause" but put up a big stink about it anyway.

SJW is a person who pretends to be for progressive or liberal causes, but is often horrifying prejudice themselves and/or lazy in their execution, i.e.: let's defend fictional women instead of real women.

OK, if you're going to be that specific in how you define SJWs, you must be equally ready to be extremely specific and selective about the sorts of people you lump into that group. You can't create an explicitly narrow category like that, and then just shove everyone who says something you disagree with into it.

On what grounds is the person who complained about this PUBG model a SJW? Has she shown "horrifying prejudice" herself? Exactly how is it lazy to call out a situation like this - which seriously was out of place? Do you have evidence she has not participated in any more "serious" social causes beyond this, or is in any way hypocritical or displaying double standards?

You're the ones b****ing up a storm about what should have been a relatively insignificant one-and-done fix, and screaming SJW. On what grounds is she an SJW? Or are you just twisting the definition as you see fit so all the gamerbros can keep pitching their tantrums, while ignoring what appears to be much closer to an actual, accurate definition?

I would argue that sufficient evidence exists that people like Sarkeesian meet the narrow definition you provided, but I have yet to see any evidence at all that the person who tweeted about the camel toe meets that same definition in any way.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
2 months ago#152
I stopped playing the Custom Order Maid 3D 2 demo long enough to come laugh at this.

Back to my VR succubus loli maid now.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
(message deleted)

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
2 months ago#154
KillerTruffle posted...
this has got to be one of the absolute dumbest.

So, you're happy to oust yourself as an anti diverse bigot?

EDIT: I stand corrected, because you followed up with this, which beats it.

Educate yourself.
https://youtu.be/7hcujjc294A

EDIT 2: Damn man, you just keep outdoing yourself.

Stop being a deficit.
https://youtu.be/w__PJ8ymliw

KillerTruffle posted...
As for the hate symbol, that's another case where they just weren't aware, and it was indeed pretty similar to a white supremacist symbol.

Actually it was a parody (let that alone sink in since you seem to be slow on the up take) of a Hindu symbol.

Nobody wants to respect anyone these days

Ooh, a bigoted hypocrite. Even better.

Have you ever considered that maybe part of the reason so many people feel so offended about every little thing these days is because of attitudes like many people here have

Have you ever considered tat maybe part of the reason attitudes like many people here have is because of so many people feel so offended about every little thing these days?

Yes, that was a cut'n'paste. The number of times I've read someone lamenting the old days where not everything was politicised ... I've lost count. You have anti-#GamerGaters purely to blame for todays climate.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
2 months ago#155
I do not typically objectify people, because I make a conscious effort not to be an a******.

At which point do you plan on providing an example of this? Not in any of your posts thus far, it would seem.

Do I expect people to do the jobs they have properly? Of course! But that is not objectifying them.

Literally the only reason any human is on this Earth is to produce more humans.

I still treat them with full respect as a person, not a robot/object there only to serve me.

Including the fictional ones who can't respond? Methinks we have a liar in our midst.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
2 months ago#156
tzuyd posted...
Actually it was a parody (let that alone sink in since you seem to be slow on the up take) of a Hindu symbol.

Okay? The swastika also had its roots in a design shared by another culture with an entirely different purpose. That doesn't make it any less a powerful symbol of hate.

tzuyd posted...
You have anti-#GamerGaters purely to blame for todays climate.

...*purely*? lol.

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
2 months ago#157
KillerTruffle posted...
Dyshonest posted...
Misused that's the term. Otherwise, SJW refers specifically to the slacktivists like Anita Sarkeesian and others who don't actually do any real activism for their "cause" but put up a big stink about it anyway.

SJW is a person who pretends to be for progressive or liberal causes, but is often horrifying prejudice themselves and/or lazy in their execution, i.e.: let's defend fictional women instead of real women.

OK, if you're going to be that specific in how you define SJWs, you must be equally ready to be extremely specific and selective about the sorts of people you lump into that group. You can't create an explicitly narrow category like that, and then just shove everyone who says something you disagree with into it.

On what grounds is the person who complained about this PUBG model a SJW? Has she shown "horrifying prejudice" herself? Exactly how is it lazy to call out a situation like this - which seriously was out of place? Do you have evidence she has not participated in any more "serious" social causes beyond this, or is in any way hypocritical or displaying double standards?

You're the ones b****ing up a storm about what should have been a relatively insignificant one-and-done fix, and screaming SJW. On what grounds is she an SJW? Or are you just twisting the definition as you see fit so all the gamerbros can keep pitching their tantrums, while ignoring what appears to be much closer to an actual, accurate definition?

I would argue that sufficient evidence exists that people like Sarkeesian meet the narrow definition you provided, but I have yet to see any evidence at all that the person who tweeted about the camel toe meets that same definition in any way.
"You're the ones b****ing up a storm about what should have been a relatively insignificant one-and-done fix, and screaming SJW."

We're not the ones b****ing about pixels in a fictional video game, dearie.

"On what grounds is she an SJW?"

Fighting for a cause that sounds good (defending wimmenz) but is ultimately pointless (they're fictional) and shortsighted (no endgoal).

"Or are you just twisting the definition as you see fit so all the gamerbros can keep pitching their tantrums"

Gamerbros? What the hell is that?

Pitching tantrums? Who's the one who initially decided to start crying like a real person was harmed because a fictional character in a video game had a cameltoe again?

Dear god. I feel like I'm on GamerGhazi or some other den of Incels trying so damn hard to get laid that it's pathetic.

Cry about real issues and you get treated seriously. When you manufacture your own outrage out of nothing, that's when you become a joke.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#158
that definition wasn't even that "extremely specific"
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#159
Dyshonest posted...
We're not the ones b****ing about pixels in a fictional video game, dearie.

Erm... we're up to 158 posts and counting because of all the b****ing about changing a few pixels in a video game, dearie. That's a lot of b****ing.

Dyshonest posted...
Fighting for a cause that sounds good (defending wimmenz) but is ultimately pointless (they're fictional) and shortsighted (no endgoal).

SO MUCH chauvinistic crap here. Mocking women (wimmenz), claiming that a cause is pointless on the sole grounds that it's fiction, and just because you choose to ignore the end goal doesn't mean there isn't one. That entire sentence pretty neatly demonstrates in whole the LEGITIMATE complaints women have about male a******s.

Dyshonest posted...
Gamerbros? What the hell is that?

Seriously? Totally familiar with SJWs from the time they popped up around the Zoe & Sarkeesian dumpster fire, but not familiar with the term that came up from the same incident to describe the (invariably male) gamers that grossly overreacted to the problems? It's basically the polar opposite of SJWs. They're pro-games to a fault, become far too overemotional and upset at any little thing that shows even a hint of suggestion that it might interfere with their gaming in any way, have ridiculously overinflated egos, ignore legitimate complaints about games and instead lump everything into the "SJW bin" so they have a clear target to do battle with and don't have to consider the fact that SJWs might actually have a valid point or two... Primarily characterized by the way they become far too angry about, and read WAY too much into, incidents exactly like this whole "camelgate" thing, blow things way out of proportion, often even to the point of completely fabricating information. They're typically guilty of the same things they accuse SJWs of, but tend to be much more angry in general. It's pretty much just a customization of "dudebros," specific to gaming and the ridiculous overreactions there.

Dyshonest posted...
Pitching tantrums? Who's the one who initially decided to start crying like a real person was harmed because a fictional character in a video game had a cameltoe again?

Do you have a link to that initial crying? Because I don't recall anyone crying. See, this is part of what I pointed out above - you fabricate s*** that didn't happen, and make it sound WAY worse than it actually was, to justify your own outrage. I read the original tweets. They were not "crying" or overly dramatic, and certainly *nowhere* near the level of outrage coming from all the male gamers that PUBG is fixing it. So yes, pitching tantrums.

Dyshonest posted...
Cry about real issues and you get treated seriously.

Translation: "You should only have problems about things I agree are problems, because my opinion on what is a real issue or not is the only one that matters, and I don't care what other people think."
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#160
KillerTruffle posted...
Well, for one, it keeps them at least looking more human - a purpose not served by the camel toe.

You can't make that argument for one and not the other. If fingernails and hair makes the models look more human, so should a camel toe since it's in the human body as well.

What you're saying is that some parts of a human makes them look human but other parts don't? Like if I were to say that 2 eyes makes someone look more human but nipples don't? That makes no sense.

And I've yet to hear why objectifying people in a video game is bad. They are pixel depictions of human beings, they don't exist. If they can be murdered, then they can handle a little objectification.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cameltoe discovered in PUBG. SJW's outraged and call for it's removal.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived