This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout 4 VR is out

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Fallout 4 VR is out

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 months ago#21
KillerTruffle posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
I don’t care for room scale vr. I like to sit in my chair and play.

That doesn't tend to work super well for FPS games designed to actually make *you* the shooter in VR. Features that allow you to play seated can be nice, but ultimately, that's not ideal, and not how most shooters are designed. Playing seated will be a notably crippled, inferior experience, much like playing a regular non-VR shooter with a gamepad is crippling and inferior to keyboard and mouse. KB/mouse is factually, objectively better in that you can turn faster and have more precise aim. Likewise, physically turning to face whatever you need to is more realistic, natural, and accurate than holding down a button to turn artificially (not to mention, that sort of movement makes a whole lot of people ill).

I don't have space for room scale where we currently live, so I don't play a lot of these FPS games I want to. You can be sure if/when we finally move though, I'll be setting up space for it.

Works fine for me.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#22
ArkonBlade posted...
Works fine for me.

Here's the thing though - developers don't typically build their games for you specifically. They build them for gamers more as a whole, trying to serve the greatest number of people they can.

At least in the case of Fallout, it's typically been highly moddable, so there's a good chance you'll be able to find a movement system you'll be happy with within a year or so. But room scale movement is the ideal for this sort of game, and that's what they went with. I believe the "blink" type turning is more to make up for people who have a bit of room to move around, but are limited enough they don't have full 360-degree freedom and may need to re-orient their view sometimes. I don't think it was really intended for people who prefer to just sit in their chair, since the game is not meant to be played that way.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 months ago#23
ArkonBlade posted...
3. game looks muddy. apparently both Vive and Rift users are having issues with this. Feel like i am playing on a PSVR.

http://i.imgur.com/00KgWHL.jpg

Yeah.

That is pretty damn muddy.

I'd imagine it has to look a bit worse on a VR headset too.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#24
Damn... that's super blurry.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 months ago#25

Fallout 4: Should Have Gone To Specsavers Edition
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
4 months ago#26
just played long enough to meet the minutemen and killed the deathclaw.

It's not bad, but there is a lot of missed potential, and the fact that the game isn't designed for VR really shows. You could do so much more with more work, like the ability to open doors yourself, or even as simple as spinning the mobile in the beginning is just a press of a button instead of you actually spinning it.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#27
From what I hear, Payday 2 is actually pretty incredible in VR, and actually feels like it was designed for VR with how they've implemented it. I haven't tried it yet myself, but sounds promising. If that's the case, I do wish they had similar dedication and stuff for Fallout 4.

I suppose another difference is Fallout 4 may have been rushed a bit to hit full release and grab more money, while to the Payday 2 devs' credit, they've been working on it in beta for free - somewhat redeeming after their stupid pay2win fiasco a couple years ago. They're doing a much better job integrating VR and making it feel like it belongs though, apparently.

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
4 months ago#28
nominturddaddy posted...
CW Boi 209 posted...
Just got to the Quarry and I can't seem to figure out what the controls or mechanics for swimming is. Anyone know?

Todd hears you. For now He thinks it best players get to experience drowning in VR. One step closer to truly knowing the pain of another.

todd hears you. he want's to make sure to buy skyrim.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
4 months ago#29
-5xad0w- posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
3. game looks muddy. apparently both Vive and Rift users are having issues with this. Feel like i am playing on a PSVR.

Yeah.

That is pretty damn muddy.

I'd imagine it has to look a bit worse on a VR headset too.

i personally dont have the blurry low res look that some are experiencing. looks on par with every other VR game i have, maybe slightly worse.... not nearly as bad as the picture above.
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: Dr_keith

Dr_keith
4 months ago#30
I was excited for this initially, but after it was announced that Skyrim VR would be a timed PSVR exclusive my general opinion now is that Bethesda can f*** right off.
If you're worse than me: You're a n00b.
If you're better than me: You're a hacker.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Fallout 4 VR is out

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived