This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fallout 4 VR is out

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Fallout 4 VR is out

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#11
CW Boi 209 posted...
Just got to the Quarry and I can't seem to figure out what the controls or mechanics for swimming is. Anyone know?

You have to quickly look behind you 10x, take a drink of water , and answer the phone.

Good luck.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
4 months ago#12
MarceloSampaio posted...
Looking at loading screens in VR seems interesting. ¬¬

Haha srsly though how is this? do you get to inspect the spinning object from all sides as you please?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 months ago#13
ArkonBlade posted...
1. no normal smooth turning. I hate that click turning BS. I don't know why its not a option.

Turn your head?
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 months ago#14
wildog2006 posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
1. no normal smooth turning. I hate that click turning BS. I don't know why its not a option.

Turn your head?

I was going to say, I should hope they allowed you to turn by physically turning or else the game would be f***ed beyond all hope in my opinion. I don't like the blink turning but I'm not terribly fond of the "smooth" turning option when it's not done by actually turning in physical space either.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 months ago#15
wildog2006 posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

Turn your head?

I don’t care for room scale vr. I like to sit in my chair and play. Plus I have no issues with motion sickness so turning normally with rifts analog stick isn’t a issue. It has this click turning type of movement which I hate. I’m sure there will be a mod in a few days that will add smooth turning.

Bigger problem is that the controls suck to navigate the menus. My friend has a vive and says he has same problem.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 months ago#16
https://uploadvr.com/skyrim-vr-vs-fallout-4-vr-better-port/ posted...

If you went ahead and read our reviews for both Skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR then you’d know we scored Skyrim VR a whole point higher, which may have tipped you off. But yes, that’s right: We think Skyrim VR on the PSVR is a better game than Fallout 4 VR on the HTC Vive at this time.

The reasoning is a mixture of things. As of now, Skyrim VR actually looks a bit better visually than its newer PC brethren, which came as a bit of a shock. Plus there are fewer performance issues to contend with, making for a much smoother experience in general. And even though the PS Move controllers and the PSVR’s limited tracking are far from ideal, we still preferred that setup to the HTC Vive’s wands and complete lack of functioning gamepad support.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 months ago#17
Sounds like a great example of why VR will struggle to really take off. They've got to figure out a way to actually move in games, more than a few meters.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 months ago#18
Boge posted...
They've got to figure out a way to actually move in games, more than a few meters.

There's plenty of games that allow for full locomotion, even those published by Bethesda.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#19
ArkonBlade posted...
I don’t care for room scale vr. I like to sit in my chair and play.

That doesn't tend to work super well for FPS games designed to actually make *you* the shooter in VR. Features that allow you to play seated can be nice, but ultimately, that's not ideal, and not how most shooters are designed. Playing seated will be a notably crippled, inferior experience, much like playing a regular non-VR shooter with a gamepad is crippling and inferior to keyboard and mouse. KB/mouse is factually, objectively better in that you can turn faster and have more precise aim. Likewise, physically turning to face whatever you need to is more realistic, natural, and accurate than holding down a button to turn artificially (not to mention, that sort of movement makes a whole lot of people ill).

I don't have space for room scale where we currently live, so I don't play a lot of these FPS games I want to. You can be sure if/when we finally move though, I'll be setting up space for it.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#20
ArkonBlade posted...
Bigger problem is that the controls suck to navigate the menus. My friend has a vive and says he has same problem.

Honestly, this sounds like one of the most annoying things - why they would pass up an opportunity to have you actually work the Pipboy by actually pointing, instead of navigating with menu buttons on the other controller, is beyond me.

I just wish the knuckles controllers would be finalized and released - that would allow for a lot more detailed interaction in games, and you could actually use the Pipboy with your own finger, for instance.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Fallout 4 VR is out

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived