This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought an XFX 580 to mine ETH, hell yeah

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought an XFX 580 to mine ETH, hell yeah

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#21
Cpt_Communism posted...
Why use Vert though? What does it offer which LTC and XMR doesn't already?

I know that they are easy to mine. Even easier than LTC.

I'm not the biggest expert though, my info could be outdated. Vert is especially good on Nvidia cards although AMD is usually faster in general

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#22
Vertcoin is made to be ASIC resistant, and easy for the every day person to mine. It's like the "coin for the people"

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
4 months ago#23
VTC only exploded recently though. LTC and XMR were both far ahead in use and then suddenly VTC out of nowhere; for people to adopt it, surely it must have some technology behind it beyond being easy to mine.

There are hundreds of coin that never go anywhere. All the successful ones all develop some new innovative tech. I'm asking what's unique about VTC.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#24
iemerg_ posted...
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
What should I upgrade to? I have a GTX 780, made some gains with coins myself, can use the profit to get a better card

aint no way u made "gains" with a 780, not enough to buy another car. Electrical bill is a thing you know.

Where I live the electric bill doesn't change and its a set fee. I should save money and build a system for coin mining
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#25
Fade2black001 posted...
iemerg_ posted...
What should I upgrade to? I have a GTX 780, made some gains with coins myself, can use the profit to get a better card

aint no way u made "gains" with a 780, not enough to buy another car. Electrical bill is a thing you know.

Where I live the electric bill doesn't change and its a set fee. I should save money and build a system for coin mining

Nice! Should put a s*** ton of lights on your house cause why not, bill won't increase.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 months ago#26
Vertcoin is made to be ASIC resistant
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#27
Cpt_Communism posted...
VTC only exploded recently though. LTC and XMR were both far ahead in use and then suddenly VTC out of nowhere; for people to adopt it, surely it must have some technology behind it beyond being easy to mine.

There are hundreds of coin that never go anywhere. All the successful ones all develop some new innovative tech. I'm asking what's unique about VTC.

VTC was around since 2013. It has some "legitimacy". The idea behind it is it's ASIC resistency

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#28
Btw just checked Coinbase, wth Litecoin rose again this is crazy lol

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#29
I officially have $1,000+ in cryptocurrencies! If only I invested more and kept mining back in 2013, Eletric bill be damned! It only took me a week to mine a single Litecoin back then on my 7950

I'll be grateful though for what I have now
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought an XFX 580 to mine ETH, hell yeah

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived