This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought an XFX 580 to mine ETH, hell yeah

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought an XFX 580 to mine ETH, hell yeah

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
4 months ago#1
jk, I wanted an upgrade from my 960 and this card was $260, seemed legit enough to me

Now I wanna flex it with some gamez
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#2
You should mine vertcoin instead

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#3
What should I upgrade to? I have a GTX 780, made some gains with coins myself, can use the profit to get a better card

Unsugarized_Foo
4 months ago#4
I think the rule is 1080 60fps, 580 and 1080 60 fps+ go 1070. I just saw it at a glimpse and thought why not. I did make money on my coins today and cashed out. Its bonkers again today, especially with LTC

and why Vert?
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#5
Its easier to mine and I believe the price will go up a lot in the new year.

Its also super easy to set up, google Vertcoin One Click Miner. The miner is made by the people who created Vertcoin and manage it so its legit and you get great hash power from it

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#6
Is the RX 580 a lot stronger than a GTX 780? My 780 has been pretty decent for me. Also how is AMDs recording/streaming software. Is it just as good as shadowplay?

Unsugarized_Foo
4 months ago#7
I think it's on par with it but I really don't know. The 580 should be atleast twice as fast as the 780 iirc

Unsugarized_Foo
4 months ago#8
Well from the few things I just saw, the 580 = 780

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#9
Yeah Anandtech bench shows the 580 is slightly ahead in some games, and blows it out in others but for the most part just a minor improvement :/ I'm itching for a GPU upgrade though. Need something that records 1440p in 60fps(GTX 700 series cant do that in shadowplay)

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 months ago#10
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
What should I upgrade to? I have a GTX 780, made some gains with coins myself, can use the profit to get a better card

aint no way u made "gains" with a 780, not enough to buy another car. Electrical bill is a thing you know.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just bought an XFX 580 to mine ETH, hell yeah

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived