This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does Street Fighter V compare to IV?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does Street Fighter V compare to IV?

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 months ago#21
nominturddaddy posted...
11 locked stages, ranging from $4.40CDN to $11CDN. You can unlock them with in-game currency, but the best way to get in-game currency is by doing each character's story, which you are only rewarded for doing once, and doing the base characters only (takes about 20 minutes, the story for each is extremely short easy-mode button-mash content) will net you ~100,000 currency (which is enough for one or two stages depending on what you select, but keep in mind this can also be used for characters, color schemes, possibly more I haven't seen yet). Otherwise it's a huge grind to get enough to unlock anything with the in-game currency.

The fact that you want to play anything other than the training stage says all I need to know about your skill level. Kids like you only play other stages hoping they'll distract or lag the other guy enough so you can get cheap wins.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
4 months ago#22
tearast posted...
nominturddaddy posted...
11 locked stages, ranging from $4.40CDN to $11CDN. You can unlock them with in-game currency, but the best way to get in-game currency is by doing each character's story, which you are only rewarded for doing once, and doing the base characters only (takes about 20 minutes, the story for each is extremely short easy-mode button-mash content) will net you ~100,000 currency (which is enough for one or two stages depending on what you select, but keep in mind this can also be used for characters, color schemes, possibly more I haven't seen yet). Otherwise it's a huge grind to get enough to unlock anything with the in-game currency.

The fact that you want to play anything other than the training stage says all I need to know about your skill level. Kids like you only play other stages hoping they'll distract or lag the other guy enough so you can get cheap wins.

Uhh, you do realize at tournaments they choose 'random' during the stage selection screen, right? Unless specified.
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#23
tearast posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

f*** this was hilarious.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
4 months ago#24
Unless you've played all the SFIV versions you can't really get a good comparison on SFV. Ultra SFIV was very finely tuned and in many ways harder for a player to get into it. SFV is much easier to get into but that in itself has it's own downsides as high level play isn't as interesting. Arcade Edition will include more characters and alternate V-triggers so hopefully it adds another level of depth.

tearast
4 months ago#25
WalkingPlague posted...
tearast posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

Uhh, you do realize at tournaments they choose 'random' during the stage selection screen, right? Unless specified.

That's because tournament organizers force them to because viewers were sick of seeing the training stage all the time. No pro actually likes that rule. Fact is, other stages are infinitely more distracting and hurt your play.

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#26
speedforce131 posted...
Unless you've played all the SFIV versions you can't really get a good comparison on SFV.

nominturddaddy posted...
I played a ton of the original IV on 360. Got the Ultra version on Steam

---

tearast posted...
That's because tournament organizers force them to because viewers were sick of seeing the training stage all the time. No pro actually likes that rule. Fact is, other stages are infinitely more distracting and hurt your play.

If background art distracts you, you aren't very good at the game to begin with.

tearast
4 months ago#27
nominturddaddy posted...
speedforce131 posted...
Unless you've played all the SFIV versions you can't really get a good comparison on SFV.

nominturddaddy posted...
I played a ton of the original IV on 360. Got the Ultra version on Steam

---

tearast posted...

If background art distracts you, you aren't very good at the game to begin with.

When you get to a very high level, even the smallest things can make a big difference.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#28
tearast reminds me of this pic lol

https://i.imgur.com/Gd1F5o9.png

Took this from the Tekken 7 board

nominturddaddy
4 months ago#29
I had a hockey player friend when I was younger who complained that he played better during practice than during a match, because the crowd gave him anxiety. It's a legitimate issue, but if you can't handle it, then you aren't as good as you think you are. Get better at playing in unfamiliar settings, or things that just put you off in general, or you aren't as good at the game as you think you are. It isn't like the stages have hazards, and then some have RNG hazards that tilt matches. It's just art and music.

"Playing on anything but the blandest turd tells me everything I need to know about your skill level!" f***ing hilarious.

User Info: Stallion_Prime

Stallion_Prime
4 months ago#30
wow that one guy was the fgc in a nutshell lmao
-Hunter1534
http://abload.de/img/powercdkcb.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does Street Fighter V compare to IV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived