This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there no dreamcast usb controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is there no dreamcast usb controller?

User Info: ISDcaptain01

ISDcaptain01
4 months ago#1
Like what gives? I see usb versions of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Gamecube, N64, but where is the dreamcast version? id love to use one without buying one of those converter adapters.
lol at --> http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=89123
(message deleted)

User Info: arstos

arstos
4 months ago#3
A lot of people hated the DC controller, and I've hardly ever seen it listed as anyone's favorite. That being said, I always thought it was a pretty comfy controller. But yeah, just not much demand for one.
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7, PSN:Dragonlibrarian, NNID:Dragonlibrarian

User Info: ein311

ein311
4 months ago#4
I loved the Dreamcast for shmups, but I wouldn't want to use its controller when there are many better options available.

The biggest drawbacks to the DC controller are that there are too few buttons on the thing. Controllers have pretty much standardized to having 4 shoulder buttons and 2 analog sticks, where as the DC controller only has half of each.
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 months ago#5
ISDcaptain01 posted...
Like what gives? I see usb versions of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Gamecube, N64, but where is the dreamcast version? id love to use one without buying one of those converter adapters.

Fork over your money or just use a 360 controller
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
4 months ago#6
I love the DC controller, but the Xbox S and Xbox 360 controllers are it's superior and successor

and maybe the VMU part throws a wrench in it
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
4 months ago#7
Amazon has plenty dreamcast to usb adapters. Just use an original controller and plug it in that way.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 months ago#8
Lets see, a Dreamcast controller has 2 triggers, 5 face buttons, 1 analog stick and 1 d-pad.
Any modern controller has at least, 2 triggers and 2 shoulder buttons, 7 face buttons, 2 analog sticks and 1 d-pad.
Why would you need a Dreamcast controller? They were s*** anyway.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
4 months ago#9
wildog2006 posted...
Lets see, a Dreamcast controller has 2 triggers, 5 face buttons, 1 analog stick and 1 d-pad.
Any modern controller has at least, 2 triggers and 2 shoulder buttons, 7 face buttons, 2 analog sticks and 1 d-pad.

Maybe for the novelty of using it with dreamcast games? By that logic, why would anyone use an nes, snes, n64, genesis, etc. with their respective emulated console? Yet clearly there's a market for those. Writing it off because of its lack of buttons compared to modern controllers is moronic

User Info: ISDcaptain01

ISDcaptain01
4 months ago#10
GTL581 posted...
wildog2006 posted...

Maybe for the novelty of using it with dreamcast games? By that logic, why would anyone use an nes, snes, n64, genesis, etc. with their respective emulated console? Yet clearly there's a market for those. Writing it off because of its lack of buttons compared to modern controllers is moronic

QFE
lol at --> http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=89123
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is there no dreamcast usb controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived