This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alright.. check my thinking, tell me if I'm nuts!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Alright.. check my thinking, tell me if I'm nuts!

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
7 months ago#1
I want a xbox one x. I want it for casual couch play and to game on my 4k tv.

I have a pc and a strix 1070. I want to upgrade this spring to a 1080 to so I can game better in 4k. I love the 1070, but it is not cutting it as I transition from 1440 to 4k.

I am thinking of selling my 1070 noe and buying a xbox one x, and in the spring picking up a 1080ti.

thoughts? this seems like a solid idea right? I would sell the 1070 for a 1080ti now, but gpus are expensive now and I am in rush for the pc upgrade
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
7 months ago#2
I want a xbox one x

You're nuts

I want it for casual couch play and to game on my 4k tv

You do know you can do this with a PC just as easy as on a console right?
Glorious 4K/Vive VR PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

Noyack
7 months ago#3
I hear ya, but not really. I am having a lot of issues getting my Pc to run like a console. I just want to play with a controller on my 4k tv. I get a lot of little annoyances.

1. elite controller won't work with the division. A bug where multiple buttons register for b button
2. steam and battle.net won't rum together with Destiny 2.
3. no hdr
4. no blue ray player
5. poor controller settibgs on many games
6. pc not in living room or close to it
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
7 months ago#4
blue ray
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
7 months ago#5
Point 3 and 5 are not really true.

As for the rest. Buying a 1080ti in spring is not really a great idea, since 4-6 weeks later the next gen cards ill be released (though most likely a paperlaunch...again..) So the most reasonable solutions are either buying the 1080ti now or wait for vega.

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
7 months ago#6
I feel like you didn't give us enough information. What games are you using this for? What does it matter about a Blu-ray player? Do you own an Elite controller? Do you do all your gaming on a controller?

If you own an Elite controller and do most of your gaming on one + want a Blu-Ray player + want a new place to play in your house, go ahead, why not buy an Xbox One X, it'll probably treat you better than a PC in this regard. I'm not really into high-end gaming though and you can piss away all the money you want though ;) I'm perfectly happy clicking my mouse on Civ 5 or using my PS3 controller so you're in another bracket for my brain to comprehend.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
7 months ago#7
protools1983 posted...
I want a xbox one x

You're nuts

I want it for casual couch play and to game on my 4k tv

You do know you can do this with a PC just as easy as on a console right?

+1

Buy Controller Companion for $3 on Steam. It'll help in situations where native controller support doesn't cut it (including the desktop).

User Info: Jrambharose

Jrambharose
7 months ago#8
I use a Shield TV for couch gaming. Supports 4k as well.
i7-950@4.1GHz | STRIX GTX1070-O8G | 12GB RAM | 840 SSD 250GB | 2xWD Black 1TB

Noyack
7 months ago#9
how does shield streaming compare to direct gaming? Also can i use headsets and elite controller with shield?
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Boge

Boge
7 months ago#10
I feel like you've already made up your mind. You might as well get an Xbox X.

Can you deal with 30fps? That's the real question. You're not getting 4K@60fps in most games on Xbox X.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Alright.. check my thinking, tell me if I'm nuts!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived